Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

1 hour ago, Urban Cowboy said:

If you drive past Ally at night (when the floors are lit up and you can see in) - it seems as though very little construction has occurred on the interior, in over a month or so. Very odd. I assume I’m wrong but throwing it out there in case others have noticed 

It's actually about 4 months of little to no change on the tower. internal or external.  

• Thanks 1

Might sound crazy but this is one of the nicest parking decks in the entire city. I don’t get why people make them so ugly when it’s so easy to avoid. This one is is wrapped is very sleek and will look nice as long they they don’t do something like the one at Stonewall station. I’m still disgusted in how tacky it looks. 

• Like 1

Is there any update on the crown, or are they still attaching strips of toilet paper to the metal framing?  

If there was this would be the first place updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't think this building is 427'. Its not anywhere close to the Mint museum tower which is 447'. If it was there would hardly be any visible difference in height and would actually look bigger than the MMT from certain angles. I have seen 378' feet quoted in some place and that seems to be much more accurate. 

Just standing next to it, it doesn't feel as tall as:

Museum Tower - 447'

Fifth Thrid Center - 447'

Two Wells Fargo - 433'

Avenue - 425'

400 South Tryon - 420'

Its not even close to any of those. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cmett003 said:

I really don't think this building is 427'. Its not anywhere close to the Mint museum tower which is 447'. If it was there would hardly be any visible difference in height and would actually look bigger than the MMT from certain angles. I have seen 378' feet quoted in some place and that seems to be much more accurate. 

Just standing next to it, it doesn't feel as tall as:

Museum Tower - 447'

Fifth Thrid Center - 447'

Two Wells Fargo - 433'

Avenue - 425'

400 South Tryon - 420'

Its not even close to any of those. 

I’m almost certain it’s 427’ but either way I bet @ricky_davis_fan_21 could verify with some photos and geometry. 

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Interesting. At one point I saw it reported as 427' 

I did some scrolling back and found an April 2019 post with it at 378’ but looks like you’re suggesting it might be taller.  Either way, no building is ever gonna be tall enough for any of us. 

edit to add: Looking at the building today, Clayton absolutely nailed the 3 point perspective in that diagram which leads me to believe his 378’ line is the correct height. 

33425029-1736-47A5-85C5-D2E9DE17F8B0.jpeg

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

I did some scrolling back and found an April 2019 post with it at 378’ but looks like you’re suggesting it might be taller.  Either way, no building is ever gonna be tall enough for any of us. 

edit to add: Looking at the building today, Clayton absolutely nailed the 3 point perspective in that diagram which leads me to believe his 378’ line is the correct height. 

33425029-1736-47A5-85C5-D2E9DE17F8B0.jpeg

Really the problem is, Crescent has never submitted a full elevation. Just street front.