Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Really the problem is, Crescent has never submitted a full elevation. Just street front. 

Plans submitted show 378'. While they don't show complete elevations they often include these details in the zoning and overall project text on the plans. This aligns much more accurately with the appearance of the building vs its peers.

Plans submitted show 378'. While they don't show complete elevations they often include these details in the zoning and overall project text on the plans. This aligns much more accurately with the appearance of the building vs its peers.

Yea but often they include to the parapet, not to mechanical screening or elevator core caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the west, the “crown” is almost complete.  Still not sure how the final design was approved with that box on top being taller than the actual crown.  The box is highly visible coming into uptown.  It’s almost like Crescent said “it’s alright, from down below you won’t be able to see it”.  Not a good look for that company. 

5CA42038-8E91-430B-8C84-8A5EDCE7D911.thumb.jpeg.3a625edeb821381afbf8a6ab77676fc5.jpeg&key=bafdc6ec76f07f6653e5c9ddf4fe918dafa6c87a16fba26fd97aeead6cb6f6ca

02F29CDE-79C4-4896-B70B-5DCD9695693F.thumb.jpeg.6be0ec390a7c5cf6e767c8b3ed516268.jpeg&key=8226594c8c06e83a3544c5904e10dbf6c804d70a790a868faa02ae8e9b0546d4

Just wanted to add we made the exact same complaint about Museum Tower.

1 hour ago, JorgiPorgi said:

From the west, the “crown” is almost complete.  Still not sure how the final design was approved with that box on top being taller than the actual crown.  The box is highly visible coming into uptown.  It’s almost like Crescent said “it’s alright, from down below you won’t be able to see it”.  Not a good look for that company. 

5CA42038-8E91-430B-8C84-8A5EDCE7D911.jpeg

A crown fit for a king with no clothes.... 

I predict this turns out really nice in the end. It’s like if we were watching homes getting constructed and everyone was commenting on how ugly the wood decking on the roof is before the shingles go on it... These high rises take a while, and this “layer” could be just that. I predict video screening or some sort of other layer placed on top of this one. We will see

They’ve rezoned for a massive LED allowance per side so I haven’t given up either. There is a year before this opens afterall.

42 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They’ve rezoned for a massive LED allowance per side so I haven’t given up either. There is a year before this opens afterall.

I wonder if the LEDs will be installed from the inside of the crown...similar to Salesforce tower.  Would explain the translucent material they are using up there too.  

If it is an external LED panel like signage, then it could have the potential to screen the mechanical stuff a little better.

*I'm going to let this play out until it's completed.  Once the lighting scheme is finished, I'm sure it will be fantastic, esp if there is some video capability to the LEDs.  People were worried about the exposed mechanical stuff up in 300ST sail too.  LU crown. etc.  This will turnout fine as well.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 3

I wonder if the LEDs will be installed from the inside of the crown...similar to Salesforce tower.  Would explain the translucent material they are using up there too.  
If it is an external LED panel like signage, then it could have the potential to screen the mechanical stuff a little better.
*I'm going to let this play out until it's completed.  Once the lighting scheme is finished, I'm sure it will be fantastic, esp if there is some video capability to the LEDs.  People were worried about the exposed mechanical stuff up in 300ST sail too.  LU crown. etc.  This will turnout fine as well.

Agree, the roof installation will be cool when complete. I like the idea of some broadway-style lighting in uptown. Now that parking deck on the other hand...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wadesboro2 said:

Agree, the roof installation will be cool when complete. I like the idea of some broadway-style lighting in uptown. Now that parking deck on the other hand...

Will be screened in some way.

8 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

So this may actually turn out to be spectacular.Since this tower will be occupied by a bank, I'd like to see the sign show the stock market and financial tickers, which would reflect Charlotte's role as a financial center.

Edited by SydneyCarton

34 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Inside the crown would be my guess too.  Something like these translucent LED curtail walls being installed.  Really, really hope there is a video aspect to the LEDs and not just lighting effects.  Would pair well LU1's giant video wall in the lobby.  Could create a very cool vibe over there one day with the video boards.

1.png.e8d9a4f3b9f3249a4ff477ecd49f25b7.png2.png.414095995289665cf115bdc1c9486c43.png4.png.67db0c156e61d1b35aa13060d39d3fe1.png

They are doing this on the side of Duke Energy Center 2. 8 floors.

Will be screened in some way.

Even still it’s not very well integrated (but not as bad as LU). Since this was (almost but not quite) a build to suit for Ally I was hoping for either underground parking or conditioned parking - like the older Wachovia buildings, where the curtain wall on the deck matches the tower

• Like 4

Could Charlotte implement that all new freestanding parking structure have first floor retail? There’s stretches of road that are all first floor parking deck in uptown and it looks like garbage. 

Seems like a waste of valuable street frontage. 

Edited by Yeahdoug
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1