Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

43 minutes ago, wadesboro2 said:

Even still it’s not very well integrated (but not as bad as LU). Since this was (almost but not quite) a build to suit for Ally I was hoping for either underground parking or conditioned parking - like the older Wachovia buildings, where the curtain wall on the deck matches the tower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree 100%

This garage should be bricked or have stucco siding. It would look nice. And ground floor d retail seems nice BUT it would seem weird to have ground floor retail on a one way street right off of an overpass with absolutely no street parking in front. If they were to add it. Ok. But if not, understood. 

Edited by j-man

On 1/27/2020 at 10:54 AM, KJHburg said:

IMG_2202.JPG

The engineering on this thing is incredible.  Each floor looks unique, and I love how there is a wild array of pillar shapes and sizes.  It looks like something that I would have tried to build with Lincoln Logs as a kid.  

• Like 3

The engineering on this thing is incredible.  Each floor looks unique, and I love how there is a wild array of pillar shapes and sizes.  It looks like something that I would have tried to build with Lincoln Logs as a kid.  

The slight bow out on the stonewall side makes me think this will look awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

the "screening" at the top still standing after 2 lines of storms blew through uptown.  Otherwise the tower looks great, garage not so much.

IMG_2810.JPG

I will not be surprised at all if that screening is eventually damaged or destroyed by powerful straight line winds from a severe thunderstorm. But maybe they figure if it can last 10+ years they’ll get their money’s worth. 

• Like 4

Ally is a beautiful tower.  If we get a crown with an LED sign, it will be a bonus, but it's awesome as is.  The façade is a work of art.   Raleigh, Durham, Winston-Salem, and Greensboro would be doing cartwheels if they got a tower this nice.  For that matter, Atlanta and Nashville also would be pleased to have this tower.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

I'm most excited about the plaza and all the potential retail slots down there.  It breaks the normal mold for a bank of giant lobby and 1 or 2 retail spots.  I do have to say though from peering through the fence...the plaza that connects JW and Ally, appears smaller than the renderings.  But I think once this is completed, this will be a very vibrant area.  JW will provide some substantial 24/7 spending power by visitors, so I'm hoping we can get some decent retail in Ally.  Just don't be like Novel Station and put two boutique nail salons right next to each other (looking at you Cachet & Lemon Love). 

• Like 4

the crown skirting looked like corrugated mobile home underpining skirting yesterday when I was approaching from the stadium on Stonewall.

[sorry to be the crank]

Edit: limited knowledge of the workings of mobile homes

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I'm most excited about the plaza and all the potential retail slots down there.  It breaks the normal mold for a bank of giant lobby and 1 or 2 retail spots.  I do have to say though from peering through the fence...the plaza that connects JW and Ally, appears smaller than the renderings.  But I think once this is completed, this will be a very vibrant area.  JW will provide some substantial 24/7 spending power by visitors, so I'm hoping we can get some decent retail in Ally.  Just don't be like Novel Station and put two boutique nail salons right next to each other (looking at you Cachet & Lemon Love). 

Honestly, its really tough to judge a space from afar, without human scale to compare it to. It should be really vibrant when done. Especially with a great big willow oak anchoring the intersection in true Charlotte fashion. 

image.thumb.png.c7d982de5b456786bf9a68ebb72dbae6.png