Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

19 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Drive and walk bys this morning.  What is the official height of this building that is now 100% leased isn't it less than 400 feet?   anyone know.  the JW Marriott hotel is flying up.  

IMG_3507.JPG

Ally Charlotte Center is 378 feet / 115.2 meters tall, with 26 floors; anticipated completion in 2021.  Currently, there are 18 completed towers in Charlotte that are taller than Ally Charlotte Center.  The next tallest tower is Charlotte Plaza (a/k/a "Darth Vader" bldg.) which is 388 ft. / 118.3 m. tall, with 27 floors, completed in 1982.  Also, three towers, which are currently under construction, will be taller than Ally, including (i) Charlotte Metro Tower (DEC2) 660 ft. / 201.1 m. with 42 floors, (ii) Intercontinental Hotel, 420 ft. / 128 m. with 32 floors, and (iii) The Ellis, 384 ft. / 117 m. with 33 floors.

LInk:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Charlotte,_North_Carolina

Edited by QCxpat
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, carolinaboy said:

Maybe that's why the crown completion is stalled (or at least I think it is). Maybe they're trying to figure out if the foundation could support additional floors. This font is not blue.

You would need another set of elevators to go any higher.  That would be enormously expensive.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, QCxpat said:

According to Wikipedia, Ally Charlotte Center is 378 feet / 115.2 meters tall, with 26 floors; anticipated completion in 2021.  Currently, there are 18 completed towers in Charlotte that are taller than Ally Charlotte Center.  The next tallest tower is Charlotte Plaza (a/k/a "Darth Vader" bldg.) which is 388 ft. / 118.3 m. tall, with 27 floors, completed in 1982.  Also, three towers, which are currently under construction, will be taller than Ally, including (i) Charlotte Metro Tower (DEC2) 660 ft. / 201.1 m. with 42 floors, (ii) Intercontinental Hotel, 420 ft. / 128 m. with 32 floors, and (iii) The Ellis, 384 ft. / 117 m. with 33 floors.

LInk:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Charlotte,_North_Carolina

This is mind blowing to think about because LU1 is almost 300 ft taller but only less than 10 floors higher. Yes I get the crowing adds and floor heights vary but dang. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

No way they're going to add more floors now, even if they find it's structurally possible. I can't even imagine the cost of that, and it would push the delivery date back by months.

maybe a full year

The screening makes this entire building look cheap. I can’t imagine them putting a different material in front of this flimsy see-through stuff, at this point. Because why bother putting this stuff up? 

If the “patience” Crescent is asking for in relation to the sweatband is only going to be lighting at night, and we’re stuck with this in the daytime - I’m going to be disappointed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Urban Cowboy said:

The screening makes this entire building look cheap. I can’t imagine them putting a different material in front of this flimsy see-through stuff, at this point. Because why bother putting this stuff up? 

If the “patience” Crescent is asking for in relation to the sweatband is only going to be lighting at night, and we’re stuck with this in the daytime - I’m going to be disappointed. 

Supposedly it is going to be a LED video board

40 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I wonder if it will be lit all the time the screening atop it.  It might look good in the end from a distance.  

If it's not lit up in some significant way I'll be significantly disappointed in this whole "crown for for a Queen" shenanigans.

• Like 1