Bled_man

Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

A cap between Church and College would be amazing.  It could be like Klyde-Warren Park in Dallas.

I think that it’s really warranted with the growth of South End.  A huge green space would be really nice.

And very expensive. Although i would love to see a green space here, surely it would be cost prohibitive. 

• Like 2

So when do we think these construction sites get shut down due to the coronavirus? Or is that already happening?

Edited by Crucial_Infra

7 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

So when do we think these construction sites get shut down due to the coronavirus? Or is that already happening?

I think the construction sites will only be shut down if the state or county declares a shelter in place for all people except for those with essential roles/jobs

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, norm21499 said:

I think the construction sites will only be shut down if the state or county declares a shelter in place for all people except for those with essential roles/jobs

Funny enough, I am not 100% sure this will happen. I have a friend that works in mechanical engineering on large commercial projects in Dallas and his job was deemed essential during their shelter in place. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, AP3 said:

JW is making an impact on Stonewall. I’m not sure how I feel on the different brick used for the retail in Ally.
a47dcbcfd1c71c567d5037856742d3a5.jpg

ab9e1be21e62ae32d93ff5ecd58bb435.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it. It isn't Charlotte red brick. Looks more Texas looking. Totally fine with something different even if the match is slightly off with the glass color.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

I like it. It isn't Charlotte red brick. Looks more Texas looking. Totally fine with something different even if the match is slightly off with the glass color.

Agreed, just thought it was interesting that tan brick was used on one side of the building and red brick on the other side.

Edited by AP3

1 hour ago, AP3 said:

Agreed, just thought it was interesting that tan brick was used on one side of the building and red brick on the other side.

some of that brick will be getting painted bright colors. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Yes....it appears to be on top of the silver cladded midrise section overlooking the Tryon/Stonewall plaza.

• Like 1

The construction industry is considered to be an essential service at this time, a lot of the building industry partners - ABC, AGC, etc. - are fighting for this. I don't really see how this will change as long as new hospitals and other healthcare facilities need to be constructed to fight the pandemic.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Sigh, I guess that means this is the final crown after all. Wonder where they will put all the LED screens.

What was the sqft approved for the LED screens? Do we know for sure they were supposed to be incorporated with the crown or could the LED screens be placed lower near street level or used as screening for the parking deck or something? 300ST has a LED video board outside but that’s really small. I’m assuming this is a fairly substantial sqfootage.

Also, is that second level outdoor terrace above the corner retail spot part of the office’s outdoor space or part of the available retail space?

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

3 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Sigh, I guess that means this is the final crown after all. Wonder where they will put all the LED screens.

Is the whole crown area going to be covered in LED screens?  That will look amazing. Will they be like the ones in Times Square with moving images?

• Like 1