Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

The sweatband is still a see-through sweatband. Everyone said “wait and see,” practice patience, etc... some on here even complained about those of us hoping for something more aesthetically pleasing... 
but as you can see with the brackets, we’re ending up with the existing white “wrap” and the ally logo tacked on. They really botched the crown of this building, in my opinion. The selected material looks cheap and doesn’t match the rest of the building.
It’s looking like the street interaction will be great - so that is promising and I applaud Cresent for that effort.
But remember - We’ve been told to be patient about the deck screening and that hasn’t materialized either - so I’m getting nervous the ugly deck might be what we end up with too - and it’s HIGHLY visible. This is the same company that brought us the world class, 277-facing facade of Novel Stonewall.
I don’t like being critical, but I wish we could expect more from some of our Charlotte-based developers.
We always knew the logo would go up. The critique has been the material used. And it’s no crown.

It’s approved with deck screening they have to deliver screening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 4/25/2020 at 12:09 PM, norm21499 said:

When do we estimate that the lights on the building will be tested? I suspect the top will look better at night, maybe after a drink or two.

I would guesstimate in the October to December timeframe that they would begin testing the lights.  Because the RNC is going to happen I would suspect that testing could probably be earlier if Ally cares about capitalizing on the TV / Aerial Coverage of the City.  It’s only a slim chance that happens in my opinion though.

• Like 1