Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

2 hours ago, Yo Diaz! said:

I’ve haven’t asked any PMs or the head super yet about the parking deck screening, but I have asked a couple of the assistant supers (who are more focused on the up-fits though so they don’t know for sure themselves) There reply is as I’ve expected-“seems that if it was gonna get it it would would have been installed already.” Unless they are waiting until there is less happening in and around the deck I don’t think it’s getting it. Other than the center section with all the squares the deck has “finished” look to it.
This picture I screen shot from Ally Center Charlotte website. No screening on the deck in this picture. 0a35edc8a35c6dd620866a948ffbba93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is, I've was told unequivocally that there would be screening, by the person who thought up the building, and that renderings aren't for parking decks. Keep in mind Wanderwall was installed when Novel was occupied, and Whole Foods in operation.  That said, I've lost complete faith in there being screening.

Edited by Guest

The thing is, I've was told unequivocally that there would be screening, by the person who thought up the building, and that renderings aren't for parking decks. Keep in mind Wanderwall was installed when Novel was occupied, and Whole Foods in operation.  That said, I've lost complete faith in there being screening.

Then I’m again inclined to think there will be screening.
There is a lot happening in and around the deck right now. Perhaps it’s being held off until the end of exterior work on Ally and the Hotel.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Yo Diaz! said:

Then I’m again inclined to think there will be screening.
There is a lot happening in and around the deck right now. Perhaps it’s being held off until the end of exterior work on Ally and the Hotel.

The submission documents said the screening would be done in conjunction with the hotel. Still... I've lost hope.

13 minutes ago, DMann said:

Has anyone seen the curved installations that are taking place on the College Street side between the garage and across from the Westin?  Any ideas, did I miss something?

its a pocket park.

Maybe the deck isn't being screened on the SW side, facing 277, but the SE College Street side will be...???  I personally don't  care as much about what decks look like from interstates, but I do think they should be screened on walkable city streets.   

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

The submission documents said the screening would be done in conjunction with the hotel. Still... I've lost hope.

its a pocket park.

It is no way shape or form a pocket park, don't care what they want to spin and market it.  Some tiny twigs, mulch, and 'artistic' waves to hide 2/3 the length of the garage of giant green electrical substation components is a joke 

Edited by navigator319

Ugh I really loved how JWM was turning out until that glass went in. What is with the sick obsession with super-polished blue glass? I was hoping for a darker navy or something closer to what BOACC has. Would’ve looked much more regal.

• Like 1