Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

1 minute ago, navigator319 said:

This looks pretty final product to me. emoji1603.pngemoji1603.png

501e6ea79916784fa1139a9454e9ccc7.jpg

I have to be very wrong every once in a while. Sorry I let yall down, I was promised something so much better.

20 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

It’s stomachable at night. During the day it’s probably the worst thing this city has. Add in the box that sticks 10 feet above this and it has no competition. Ally and Crescent should be ashamed of themselves. It’s not like we’re talking lots of many here. Really only just a little giving a crap.

fudgeed up thing is I actually kinda like the 27 floors below it.

Edit: Fudgeed WTF is that about???? Don’t change my words you damn computer!

I remember when we were all disappointed by the top of the Vue. it still looks like metal garage doors on top of the building during the day....

The people waiting in line for Jenis ice cream at the little jewel box retail spot and all the people waiting in line at the corner anchored apple store  for the new iPhone 12 won’t even notice this crown from street level. Lol im jk. But those are two stores that are if you build it, they will come types imo. Despite the crown (and parking deck), this project has an opportunity to detract ppl from that with all the retail and pedestrian experience it will create with the plaza/jw. Every big project has either had a giant lobby and maybe one retail spot that was most likely a restaurant or bank branch. This project broke that norm and for that I appreciate it. I don’t usually like signage either but I do think it will look better once the ally letters are installed as well. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

The people waiting in line for Jenis ice cream at the little jewel box retail spot and all the people waiting in line at the corner anchored apple store  for the new iPhone 12 won’t even notice this crown from street level. Lol im jk. But those are two stores that are if you build it, they will come types imo. Despite the crown (and parking deck), this project has an opportunity to detract ppl from that with all the retail and pedestrian experience it will create with the plaza/jw. Every big project has either had a giant lobby and maybe one retail spot that was most likely a restaurant or bank branch. This project broke that norm and for that I appreciate it. I don’t usually like signage either but I do think it will look better once the ally letters are installed as well. 

Apple will be in South End ;-)

11 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Apple will be in South End ;-)

Poor Uptown destined for more and more build your own pizza, burrito bowl, poke bowl, or salad shops that close at 5PM. The retail momentum in South End is good for the overall broader Center City area though and gets retail off transit routes. Just wish Uptown could land some ground floor retail outside of food service / restaurants and FedEx Office. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, sclark said:

think apple will be a northlake relocation or a 3rd location?

I would imagine 3rd, still a lot of money to be captured in our northern suburbs.

3 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

I would imagine 3rd, still a lot of money to be captured in our northern suburbs.

Yes that is the only Apple store north of Charlotte until Greensboro Winston area so it covers a large area of central northern NC and NW North Carolina i.e. Boone Blowing Rock and that entire chunk of the state. 

• Like 4