Jump to content

Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd be like Ant Man and pee my pants if I was these guys:   

Long-time lurker (as in probably a decade plus), first-time poster.  Two pics of Tryon Place - construction on the tower itself and the JW Marriott site.   

So here's a new view of Uptown  from Ally....  pretty cool!

Posted Images

Yes! I hope they do the Charlotte sign around the tree. Could definitely see that in some sport stock footage and captures the beautiful trees in the area in a urban setting.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GoingUptown said:

Here’s a photo from the Ally Charlotte Center Twitter account.  The area with this transplanted tree and retail space, along with that Charlotte lettered sign with the crown, looks really awesome.  Hopefully that comes to fruition.  It would be a really popular photo spot for visitors, for sure. 

B0944647-34FE-46EE-B12F-719BA8A9653C.jpeg

I noticed the little building near the corner on Stonewall (to the left of the tree) when I drove by last week.  What is it supposed to be used for? It didnt look like the Stonewall side had plans for a door or windows.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NYtoCLT said:

I noticed the little building near the corner on Stonewall (to the left of the tree) when I drove by last week.  What is it supposed to be used for? It didnt look like the Stonewall side had plans for a door or windows.

I think there might be a walk up window on the stonewall side. We will see what its used for, if seems like it was scaled back considerably, so I'm thinking coffee and small sandwiches. Bryant Park has similar sized permanent structures, one is a bar, the other is a sandwich shop.

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

I think there might be a walk up window on the stonewall side. We will see what its used for, if seems like it was scaled back considerably, so I'm thinking coffee and small sandwiches. Bryant Park has similar sized permanent structures, one is a bar, the other is a sandwich shop.

Not enough space for the tiniest shake shack? 

image.thumb.png.0153c4cbb3572f8152d80b49e1ba1b40.png

 

Edited by tozmervo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Not enough space for the tiniest shake shack? 

image.thumb.png.0153c4cbb3572f8152d80b49e1ba1b40.png

 

That shake shack is probably has 3x the indoor space. I thought it would have been a good spot for a shake shack initially as well. Now its just barely larger than Jeni's in South End

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that this rendering is fresh again, it looks like the hotel stair volume is not going to receive curtain wall as the conceptual rendering depicts. That's a big blank wall facing the plaza now, per the latest progress photos. Unfortunate.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NYtoCLT said:

I noticed the little building near the corner on Stonewall (to the left of the tree) when I drove by last week.  What is it supposed to be used for? It didnt look like the Stonewall side had plans for a door or windows.

The Stonewall side isn’t able to have doors because of the elevation change.  They want the foot traffic into the plaza, so the doors will be there on that side.  We’ll see what comes in there, but I expect a small snack/bakery/ice cream shop.  Something like that, I’m sure intended again to draw some foot traffic into the plaza. 

6 hours ago, theronhobbs said:

Now that this rendering is fresh again, it looks like the hotel stair volume is not going to receive curtain wall as the conceptual rendering depicts. That's a big blank wall facing the plaza now, per the latest progress photos. Unfortunate.

I noticed that, as well, and hopefully the rendering isn’t exactly accurate.  They may want to have depicted the staircase there, for whatever reason.  Heck, they seem to have several Christmas trees depicted on various floors inside the Ally Charlotte Center building, so the rendering can’t be entirely taken at 100% accuracy.  :tw_lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

It’s stomachable at night. During the day it’s probably the worst thing this city has. Add in the box that sticks 10 feet above this and it has no competition. Ally and Crescent should be ashamed of themselves. It’s not like we’re talking lots of many here. Really only just a little giving a crap.

 

fudgeed up thing is I actually kinda like the 27 floors below it.

 

 

Edit: Fudgeed WTF is that about???? Don’t change my words you damn computer!

I remember when we were all disappointed by the top of the Vue. it still looks like metal garage doors on top of the building during the day....

Link to post
Share on other sites

The people waiting in line for Jenis ice cream at the little jewel box retail spot and all the people waiting in line at the corner anchored apple store  for the new iPhone 12 won’t even notice this crown from street level. Lol im jk. But those are two stores that are if you build it, they will come types imo. Despite the crown (and parking deck), this project has an opportunity to detract ppl from that with all the retail and pedestrian experience it will create with the plaza/jw. Every big project has either had a giant lobby and maybe one retail spot that was most likely a restaurant or bank branch. This project broke that norm and for that I appreciate it. I don’t usually like signage either but I do think it will look better once the ally letters are installed as well. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

The people waiting in line for Jenis ice cream at the little jewel box retail spot and all the people waiting in line at the corner anchored apple store  for the new iPhone 12 won’t even notice this crown from street level. Lol im jk. But those are two stores that are if you build it, they will come types imo. Despite the crown (and parking deck), this project has an opportunity to detract ppl from that with all the retail and pedestrian experience it will create with the plaza/jw. Every big project has either had a giant lobby and maybe one retail spot that was most likely a restaurant or bank branch. This project broke that norm and for that I appreciate it. I don’t usually like signage either but I do think it will look better once the ally letters are installed as well. 

Apple will be in South End ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.