Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

They are in fact setting up a helper tower crane to take down the construction crane from the hotel. This stuff fascinates me. THe base for the hotel crane is all the way down in the basement too. This section of stonewall a DPR guy told me will be shutdown until next Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

They are in fact setting up a helper tower crane to take down the construction crane from the hotel. This stuff fascinates me. THe base for the hotel crane is all the way down in the basement too. This section of stonewall a DPR guy told me will be shutdown until next Tuesday.

Or maybe they will just be using that giant yellow mobile crane and the parts I saw laying on the street will be attached to it with the smaller mobile crane...?

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 1:01 PM, Yo Diaz! said:

I think that might not be the case...Usually when a crane is surrounded by the building it is a crane that grows up ward as the floors rise. The building basically becomes its base and support so the crane is much shorter than you'd think. This might be the type of crane that was used for JW  so the crane bottom of the crane may be at the top of the building.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Thank goodness for the front &  side facing the plaza...the views from the back with the parking deck look a little blah...but I love the glass facade in the front/side.  

I really only like the stonewall facing side, the plaza side is so blah to me.

1 hour ago, Yo Diaz! said:

549db15a657d5c110bee898823f290ef.jpg
Sorry, Couldn’t get rid of the glare/reflection in the bottom left of the picture.

This is a gorgeous building.  With all of the great new buildings in Charlotte and Nashville, they are really duking it out to be the No. 2 city in the southeast after Atlanta.  Personally, I prefer them both to Atlanta since the traffic there is horrible.   I give the overall nod to the QC, but N'Ville is pretty awesome too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Yo Diaz! said:

549db15a657d5c110bee898823f290ef.jpg
Sorry, Couldn’t get rid of the glare/reflection in the bottom left of the picture.

image.thumb.png.45236fc5db1734c5cf20b602eacca330.pngThis is the best I could do with the glare.