Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

52 minutes ago, utcltjay said:

I am still pissed they didn't even try to stay with this awesome design. The tower we got is such a let down compared. 

Tryon-Place-Tower_Artboard-2-964x425.jpg

Agreed! That green glass looks gorgeous! And the shape the tower from the other side of the old renderings was so unique. Ugh!

8 hours ago, QCxpat said:

c1.jpg

Zoom into the truck. Was that photoshopped in? Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

This project in my eyes is capable of having atherton mill type tenants. For a financial bank tower, the minimal lobby and 360 retail is a giant step forward. I would have loved a 7th St market type space in the parking deck or some sort of food hall but at this point in 2020...We should be fortunate something is under construction vs it still being a damn good year tire shop. 

*Navigator, did you get fired from crescent or something? Lol jk

" I would have loved a 7th Street Market type space in the parking deck."

That's exactly what they are targeting in Unit 138 with a big patio facing the parking deck and Hill St.

Also there is a food hall planned at 101 Independence Center. 

And Crescent does a LOT of community and creative outreach with the community. They come up with great products, but I think a lot of things have  gotten cut as the labor pool in construction has contracted (Trump, natural disasters, turmoil in South/Central America) and material and construction prices skyrocketed.  More and more gulf coast hurricanes and national disasters have shifted a lot of materials and labor to cities that get decimated. The price of doing business has gone up exponentially and without the ability to drastically increase their price psf we end up two great street frontages and two lousier ones.

image.thumb.png.7e02f1db7b7a0088099c82fd3f0fbc9e.png

Edited by Guest

22 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Filed a permit at the base of novel coworking strangely enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's for their back office operations which have been there for a while. Not a restaurant (sorry to dissapoint)

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

The retail is really shaping up nicely on the inside.  The drywall is mostly up in most of the spaces.  The corner Apple  store is shaping up nicely too lol jk.  Until Legacy Union site is fully built out, Ally Charlotte Center/JW is going to be the place to be on Stonewall.  Hope they hit a home run with the little Jewel box...that will be a main artery for the plaza.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 3