Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Hopefully this will be the week that we see a rendering and here more information about this project. I'm getting very anxious waiting day after day and not hearing anything of real news.

Remember how excruciating it was waiting for the Wachovia announcement... how long did that take... a year or more after site prep?

I read in the CBJ today that Bill Diehl, who owns his law firm in the "Trump" block on S. Tryon, isn't interested in selling. He says he has had no face-to-face talks with any of the Trumps and has no interest in moving.

Could this be the holdout that stumps the Trump?

Let's Make A Diehl, Bill!!

Diehl doesn't wholley own the building... there are many owners who hold varying percentages. The sale isn't Diehl's decision to make, although he's very influential in the decision-making process with respect to the potential sale of this building (or lack thereof).

Tampa's problems are not new. Trump was well aware of the soap opera happening down in Tampa while he has been developing his project for Charlotte. The two projects are completely unrelated and nothing about Tampa's project impacts the Charlotte project IMO.

Tampa's problems are not new. Trump was well aware of the soap opera happening down in Tampa while he has been developing his project for Charlotte. The two projects are completely unrelated and nothing about Tampa's project impacts the Charlotte project IMO.

That's nice to know. :thumbsup:

In today's CBJ they report that Infinity Partners says that the Tampa Trump failure will have no impact on the Charlotte project. The project here is still in the due dilligence phase and the property is under contract. As was previously talked about on here she stated that the Tampa project was a licensing deal to use the Trump name whereas the Charlotte project will be a direct Trump investment. Bottomline this thing is still moving forward.

Anyways I definately have heard some new insight through the grapevine and I definately think this project is happening, when it will be announced is a different story. I don't know what I should say because I've read in the past on this forum that I could possibly ruin the deal by dilvuging to much. However I am quite sure after hearing from this person that this project is definately in the final stages and is a done deal. So hopefully we can see a rendering soon.

Unfortunately nothing is a 'done deal' until dirt starts moving and things go vertical and even then it isn't a truly done deal until the doors open on the final project. I have confidence in this project though and wish all parties involved the best in making it happen!

Sorry if this has already been posted, but has anyone noticed the listing on the Center City Partners website of the 'Trump Development' in their list of projects for the 2nd Ward? This is the section of the site where they have all the pdfs of different projects in uptown and vicinity. The one referring to Trump is not a link yet, but I'm assuming listing it there means a pdf with some information is forthcoming...

Edited by pazzo83

Anyways I definately have heard some new insight through the grapevine and I definately think this project is happening, when it will be announced is a different story. I don't know what I should say because I've read in the past on this forum that I could possibly ruin the deal by dilvuging to much. However I am quite sure after hearing from this person that this project is definately in the final stages and is a done deal. So hopefully we can see a rendering soon.

Like all projects of this nature it isn't a done deal unless they can get enough sales to build the project. Trump officially pulled out of the Tampa project citing this very problem. i.e. they didn't sell enough of them to build the thing.

I for one still contend there isn't an unlimited demand for luxury $400.00 sq/ft condos in downtown Charlotte, NC. Like the cities in Florida where this mistaken thought crossed a lot of people's minds, the correction will come here too.

I think whats best is what was said, nothing is final until its there... so far the best speculation is that there is soil testing. All that this signifies is that there may be interest in that land and before any negotiations are made, lets see if the land is even suitable for a certain structure. You can't let the carriage pull the horse, now. I believe this will happen, too, but I don't even think its to the stage of having a rendering. The body somewhat depends on the space given... again that is what is being tested. Of course, again, I could be totally wrong :)

Yes they are in the rendering stage that is what I heard through my unlikely source. However the firm they chose I don't think I should say because I'm not sure if that will mess up the project. I have no numbers or anything just the firm I think they decided to go with.

Well, when the CBJ interviewed Infinity Partners in april they said more news and developments should be heard in 60-90 days so anytime from towards the end of june to the end of july we should hear something and hopefully SEE something, and if they are already in the rendering stage maybe they could surprise us all and give us a rendering a little early! But does anyone know about how much time a project of this scale would take to complete a rendering ready for public announcement?