Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

4 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Spanish Moss and pineapple are in the same family of Bromeliad. Pineapple is a terrestrial and Spanish moss is an epiphyte. They are cousins (or some other relational term). Nature is amazing.

I learn this fact from  a Savannah brochure LOL.   one last thing about Spanish Moss it used to be used to stuff mattresses in colonial times and that is where the phrase "Don't let the bed bugs bite" as there are many small gnats or no-seeums as called in the lowcountry.

Anyway since the live oak tree sans Spanish Moss got us off track,  any other retailers announced beside the ice cream shop and the Ramen place?  sorry I said salad 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I learn this fact from  a Savannah brochure LOL.   one last thing about Spanish Moss it used to be used to stuff mattresses in colonial times and that is where the phrase "Don't let the bed bugs bite" as there are many small gnats or no-seeums as called in the lowcountry.

Anyway since the live oak tree sans Spanish Moss got us off track,  any other retailers announced beside the ice cream shop and salad place?  wonder if that new guy Clayton something knows. 

Salad place? I thought it was ramen.

9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

That’s a gorgeous tree, but not what I was thinking of (ie., sans moss).  I guess that my botany skills leave something to be desired.

Most of us will be dead before the tree ever develops the dramatic branches that sweep down and then back up. Those are characteristics of much older live oak trees we are familiar with seeing in places like Charleston that are often 100+ years old. Many of the most famous live oaks are 300 - 1,000 years old. This tree is barely 2% into its potential life span. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Okay lets review so there is a Salad place coming, a LA based ramen place and the Golden Cow creamery ice cream shop in the jewel box spot by the live oak.  Is this correct as I have confused myself! 

No no no, Salad place, a Wilmington or Charleston based oak with spanish moss and swopping branches and the golden cow in the jewel box 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RANYC said:

Ah ok, with climate change, this tree should thrive in Charlotte.  Coastal areas may be submerged or otherwise washed away.  Crescent's planting is a nod to a dystopian future.

That's why I think the idea of a 277 river is so stupid. Just wait a few years and it'll be beach. Duh.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

I mean....the parking garage doesn’t look the best but I’m so glad they didn’t do any tacky installation artwork on it that would have made it look cheap. I think a really nice neutral pattern would have been nice. Kind of like at the Vantage development garage. 

• Like 1