Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

8 hours ago, j-man said:

Literally the  best angle that I’ve seen yet of this built out. Thanks! 

Thanks man! I love how the building is turning out. The concrete exoskeleton is such a cool feature to have on a tower in uptown, and take it up from being another glass box. I cant wait to see the top lit up either.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahhh, that must have been the rumored "video boards" on the crown that was mentioned a very long time ago.  Had no idea the letters were the actual video boards....I was initially thinking the whole rectangular crown would have been wrapped in video board material....but this is cool to know.  I like ally's marketing and color scheme.  The purple is a catchy color and the simplistic logo works well too (very recognizable). 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Nathan2 said:

Is that the final look for the parking garage screening? If so, that is absolutely lazy. 

They should have taken a look at Vantage South End’s parking deck. It looks like a separate building...oh yeah, with retail too. Unlike this one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, utcltjay said:

Everything about this building was lazy, compared to the original  rendering many years ago.  The crown looks like an aluminum sided fence, and at night it's just translucent enough to see the parking garage quality lights behind it.  The street level retail that was supposed to be an open air mall was dialed down to 5 restaurant spaces and an ice cream window.  The Marriott, actually is ok, but definitely nothing to write home about, and the garage, which is an enormous visible wall, looks unfinished, facing one of the most prominent entrances to uptown.  Very little thought was put into this building at most levels.

Agreed! The hotel is the best and garage is worst. Office Building is decent but yeah I see laziness all over this development. I would have preferred the original design from like 2016. 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 4