Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

3 hours ago, The Real Clayton said:

It took me stepping away to see it but the fever pitch of hot takes, and uninformed architectural criticism vs constructive discussion will likely sink this site.

It has been crescendoing for a while, as has the fervor of rhetoric in this country, but there are enough good contributors here to survive, just as our country and city have. I hope we are moving into a new age of hope, optimism and gratefulness.  

Edited by CarolinaDaydreamin
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Well, they did plant It In the dry winter. Should start to fill out a little more over the summer and will prob take a few years to really give off that vibe. Still not sure why this one was brought In when there are plenty in Charlotte already. 

I don't understand why they used a non-native species. Live Oaks do hold onto some of their leaves in the winter, but there are only about five leaves on this specimen.

• Thanks 1

Southern live oak is very long lived, and there are many specimens that are more than 400 years old in the deep southern United States
------------------------------
Live Oak life is far different than human life span. Judge not by our puny standard.
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:
Southern live oak is very long lived, and there are many specimens that are more than 400 years old in the deep southern United States
------------------------------
Live Oak life is far different than human life span. Judge not by our puny standard.

And it's native to coastal regions of the Southeast, NOT the Piedmont.

I digress a bit, but speaking of thriving Live Oaks... I took this pic while walking around a riverfront park in Jacksonville, FL very close to downtown in the Riverside neighborhood just last week.  Was blown away at how beautiful it was and how activated.  Romare Bearden is decent, but this really blew me away.  Can't for the life of me understand why Jax can't get it together.

Memorial Park Jax.jpg

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, RANYC said:

I digress a bit, but speaking of thriving Live Oaks... I took this pic while walking around a riverfront park in Jacksonville, FL very close to downtown in the Riverside neighborhood just last week.  Was blown away at how beautiful it was and how activated.  Romare Bearden is decent, but this really blew me away.  Can't for the life of me understand why Jax can't get it together.

Memorial Park Jax.jpg

Having lived in Florida, Jax always had a stigma to it, likely due to being in the northern part of the state. Why live there, when you could live in the warmer areas. I am not joking about that... Now, as Florida's population grows, you are seeing a lot of native South Floridians move there, because they hate the New Yorkers and Canadians. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Natural or processed?

Just minor tweaks In Lightroom; exposure, contrast, and straightening everything up so the buildings aren’t crooked or anything!

I also attempted (miserably) at fixing the patchy grass in the second picture 

Edited by Mgelbach
Adding
  • Thanks 1