Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Loved this article.  Natwick graduated from UF with a construction management degree.  I graduated from UF in accounting, but met someone junior year studying construction management, and had never considered the idea and was super envious.  My envy has only grown over time.:tw_cold_sweat:

Btw, Natwick appears to support the UDO, but exhorts the city to be cautious of unintended consequences from such a massive document.  He did say, however, that consolidating the approval process so that someone doesn't need to go to 20 different groups but just 1 group to get something built, will serve Charlotte well.

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, RANYC said:

Loved this article.  Natwick graduated from UF with a construction management degree.  I graduated from UF in accounting, but met someone junior year studying construction management, and had never considered the idea and was super envious.  My envy has only grown over time.:tw_cold_sweat:

Btw, Natwick appears to support the UDO, but exhorts the city to be cautious of unintended consequences from such a massive document.  He did say, however, that consolidating the approval process so that someone doesn't need to go to 20 different groups but just 1 group to get something built, will serve Charlotte well.

Consolidation is the key here. The new UDO will replace multiple governing documents, not just the existing zoning manual. Even looking at the draft, it's much more user friendly.  It's further intended to massively reduce the number of rezonings that have to take place at all, which the development community should love. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for anyone that may have a deeper understanding of how the requirements are worded than I.  Is a deck screening this threadbare allowed by-right or is it possible Ally or whoever petitioned the city to be able to do this?  I'm happy that raw dog garages aren't allowed anymore and I don't believe they necessarily have to be beautiful but this is such a piss poor excuse for a covering and this is the only recently constructed one that really gets under my skin. 

I love that there are beautification requirements are in place but if they are pitifully vague or developers aren't called out for skirting them then what's the point?  The skid mark that is the Truist signage is another glaring example. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...