Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

I can't see the Trump and WB projects being built to compliment each other on anything except the street level aspect. I doubt they would create towers that were similar to WB's. It just wouldn't make sense. It wouldn't give Trump the distinction I'm sure he's looking for in his tower.

I didn't think it was a very good idea either, but it seems I heard it from somewhere. I believe I read it in the Charlotte Bizjournal.

I vaguely remember that article--I think what they were trying to say was that the Trump hotel would compliment WB in the same way as the Ritz would BofA

Edited by guy4charlotte

I believe the Trump project will compliment WB in regards to view corridors and pedestrian movement, but not the architectural style since from what I have heard the Trump buildings will be very different in regards to rooflines, glass color and floorplate. There are only two buildings, but from certain views I understand it will look like three due to the rooflines and building placement on the site.

Let's (hopefully) assume Trump's organization has good enough design sense to build a project that fits in comfortably with it's neighbors.

If it is too drastically different, it could end up looking totally out of place. i.e. the First Union 4 Feather. I've been surfing Trump sites etc, and a lot of the new designs for his buildings are quite beautiful, especially the Toronto project.

That will probably all be true... and perhaps more directly, complimentary in the sense of the tenants that will be in the Trump being complementary to the type of business Wachovia will be bringing to their new tower.

yes with lots of traders coming in--many making $1 m + per year, WB will provide Trump Charlotte with plenty of tenants

Edited by guy4charlotte

Hopefully. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to take this. I have heard, though, that good things come to those that wait.

I believe this project will be a truly iconic one for Charlotte --- architecturally, economically and symbolically (i.e., in terms of our having "arrived"). Just wait a few (4-6?) more weeks for the "official" announcement, then later over the summer we should get some accurate conceptuals to really blow us away. The different elements (resi/hotel/office/retail) are still being programmed, so things are a little fuzzy right now in terms of just how it will end up. I believe an architect (or perhaps even architects) have/has been selected, so I think we should at least hear something about that in the very near future, as soon as all the contracts are signed, etc.

http://www.trumptowercharlotte.com/

Coming soon site? Probably nothing?

I'm not sure but I believe this might have been a domain registration by someone seeking to make a profit by selling the site name back to Trump...it was registered in March by a local individual. The site that is registered to Infinity partners is still "under construction" but will be found here when ready: http://trumpcharlotte.com/