Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Ja, we need some Deutsche presence. That would be sweet. Can't wait til next week! I'm guessing (hoping) that releasing this info early isn't going to be a deal breaker? Because if it is, I would literally have to kill you guy4charlotte. :)

Edited by cltheel.sdl

Ja, we need some Deutsche presence. That would be sweet. Can't wait til next week! I'm guessing (hoping) that releasing this info early isn't going to be a deal breaker? Because if it is, I would literally have to kill you guy4charlotte. :)

not to worry--as i said, the deposits went hard friday, and the deal is officially a done deal now. trust me....next week will be HUGE!

not to worry--as i said, the deposits went hard friday, and the deal is officially a done deal now. trust me....next week will be HUGE!

Do you have any idea which day an announcement will be made? Everyday next week I'm gonna wake up and expect something - it would be nice to know.

Just to say that I also can't wait for the announcement. I hope they'll release the first renderings. And I hope you guys in Charlotte will get something as elegant as the Signature Tower in Nashville : more than the height, I am very concerned about the look of that building, mostly if it the new taller for the city...I never said it, but personally I've been so disappointed by the new Wachovia building that I'm afraid Trump Tower will fail also in giving a true iconic building, like BofA. "crossing his fingers".

Hopefully some new German restaurants will open up. It would be cool that if a German bank came, a little German village type area could open up. I've always wanted a little internationaly village in Charlotte...

So if they didn't announce yesterday, and haven't announced yet today, my bet is tomorrow we will have a next big thing. Either that or the will do a lunchtime ceremonial announcement a random day this week.

Hold on folks---sorry but there will NOT be a formal announcement this week....negotiations for additional parcels have taken longer than expected. The formal announcement will not come until the final renderings are ready and all trade contracts are signed. I cannot tell you at this point when that will be. There are not any problems...just that everything needs to be in place before they go "official." This only makes sense. As I mentioned before, when the formal announcement is made it will not be thru a 'Next Big Thing' article...we are talking televised press conference, etc.

As to architects, I can tell you this--LS3P was disqualified months ago. That article in the CBJ about "wanting to work with 'The Donald' himself" was just Tribble posturing so as to protect his reputation when Charlotte finds out that the architect is not LS3P.

Edited by guy4charlotte

Hold on folks---sorry but there will NOT be a formal announcement this week....negotiations for additional parcels have taken longer than expected. The formal announcement will not come until the final renderings are ready and all trade contracts are signed. I cannot tell you at this point when that will be. There are not any problems...just that everything needs to be in place before they go "official." This only makes sense. As I mentioned before, when the formal announcement is made it will not be thru a 'Next Big Thing' article...we are talking televised press conference, etc.

As to architects, I can tell you this--LS3P was disqualified months ago. That article in the CBJ about "wanting to work with 'The Donald' himself" was just Tribble posturing so as to protect his reputation when Charlotte finds out that the architect is not LS3P.

bumer, u had my hopes up! I guess as long as we get an announcement soon thats fine

WHAT?! Man I thought it was for real this time. Ok, I will never ever get my hopes up about this project ever again. I need to stop reading this thread - it's making me go crazy.

WHAT?! Man I thought it was for real this time. Ok, I will never ever get my hopes up about this project ever again. I need to stop reading this thread - it's making me go crazy.

well trust me it is for real....just not quite ready for the grand reveal yet....this is a very BIG deal, and it's not going to be announced via a little article on the business page of a local rag

well trust me it is for real....just not quite ready for the grand reveal yet....this is a very BIG deal, and it's not going to be announced via a little article on the business page of a local rag

It better blow me away if it's going to be a big deal, the suspense is killing me. I will be glued to the tv set to see the press conferenece as I'm sure many UPers will also be as well, or see it live if at all possible. What an exciting time for the city.

Is there any chance that the tower might be an art deco design. I would love to see a bigger and taller version of the Jefferson Pilot Building in Greensboro.

no.

lovers of art deco will have to continue to get there kicks around n. tryon.

As I mentioned before, when the formal announcement is made it will not be thru a 'Next Big Thing' article...we are talking televised press conference, etc.

I pretty much had assumed this from the get-go. After all, this is Trump we're talking about. If he can't make a big splash, he will take his ball and go home. He's not the type to hide in the background and do things subtly. ;)