Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

I've been laughing at this topic for about 6 months now!

Why? The Trump Organization is definitely interested in Charlotte. They've confirmed that to the press. Sure there's been a lot of speculation here with an occasional hint or two at the behind the scenes goings-on, but it's still waaaay early in the life cycle of such a huge project. It may never happen or it may happen in a scaled down fashion, but I'm not sure why it's so funny that Trump is interested in Charlotte.

Lol. Yeah I get the same tie in my stomach everytime I see this topic at the top thread. I guess it's just the most anticipated project for Charlotte, concept wise at this park, IMO. Nonetheless, I know nothing with this project as far as being an insider, but I honestly think we shouldn't worry about this not happening. I'm sure it will be Trump fashion and make a big statement for the city, in whatever way it comes. Given that it has only been a few months since Trump even started looking here, its very early in the stage, and just because things are silent (which they should be-it's Trump), things are most-likely still flying along with the project. No news is good news. I'm sure we'd hear something if the plans were scrapped. I did hear somewhere that we will have word by the end of the year, so I hope its sooner, but until we have anything official, it's always fun to speculate and find out any tidbit at all...

Too help add to the rumor mill, I was checking out TrumpCharlotte.com and the site has been internally updated on October 13, 2007, as well as TrumpCharlotte.net, which is a joint site purchased to TrumpCharlotte.com. This could mean nothing, or it could mean that they are getting ready to present us with a website... Usually the internal updates have to do with when they are working on the website, testing it, and having it ran privately for them and the customer via password protected internet or intranet web address. Thought I'd post this given the giddiness of most of us of the project and enjoyment of hearing or seeing ANYTHING on this project.

• 2 weeks later...

First a disclaimer: I am not connected to the inside sources some of you guys have at your disposal/

However, I was having lunch with a Principal from a very prominent IB shop in Charlotte the other day, and he let it slip/didn't really give a flying eff that the Trump project was done, as in, let's start digging the hole when they figure out how deep this subprime *crisis* (not saying it won't be one, only this is just the tip of the iceburg if a crisis develops) runs.

Is it Charlotte BJ, or some guy at a local architecture firm? No, but it is certainly someone who would have a reason to know given his relationship with THEE most important person in the history of Charlotte's skyline, if that tells you anything.

First a disclaimer: I am not connected to the inside sources some of you guys have at your disposal/

However, I was having lunch with a Principal from a very prominent IB shop in Charlotte the other day, and he let it slip/didn't really give a flying eff that the Trump project was done, as in, let's start digging the hole when they figure out how deep this subprime *crisis* (not saying it won't be one, only this is just the tip of the iceburg if a crisis develops) runs.

Is it Charlotte BJ, or some guy at a local architecture firm? No, but it is certainly someone who would have a reason to know given his relationship with THEE most important person in the history of Charlotte's skyline, if that tells you anything.

So... sry if im a bit slow, but your saying..... its done as in it wont be built.. or done as in they are ready and waiting for the subprime crisis to hit rock bottom(better time to launch)?

Sorry if I wasn't crystal clear in the previous post.

Is it a done deal? No.

Is it being held up because of land owner's balking/city council issues/local bs/whatever? No.

Essentially, Trump is going through the process, but the only factor that can derail the process is whether or not we enter some kind of ugly recession. A subprime meltdown or a derivative nightmare (which, in reality, is the really scary thing that should keep you up at night if you're in the finance industry) is what would make this not happen; not whether or not he can convince some yokel lawyers to move.

My hope is that this project goes slowly enough to not only allow for the other already announced projects to succeed and get built, without the name brand competition, and then get announced and undergo marketing for the projects that factored the potential Trump project into their product mix and marketing segment. I'm sure some know what is going, but I am looking at the delay as a very good thing, as it allows them to get a handle on the recent banking issues, and the market as a whole. If it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen, but in this uncertain environment, an 800-lb gorilla like Trump jumps into the water, it might cause a number of other projects to struggle a bit to get through the splash. We'll see, but as long as the power players are interested and actively pursuing the idea, the passing time seems to be a good thing.

Friday's WSJ had an article on Trump's Real estate ventures. There are alot of unhappy people in Tampa with a condo tower he announced 3 years ago. As Trump explained, alot of the ventures he just lends his name and does not have anything to do with the development. In Tampa, he was paid over $2 Million and gets a small piece of the sales but he has no control over the delay.

Sorry if I wasn't crystal clear in the previous post.

Is it a done deal? No.

Is it being held up because of land owner's balking/city council issues/local bs/whatever? No.

Essentially, Trump is going through the process, but the only factor that can derail the process is whether or not we enter some kind of ugly recession. A subprime meltdown or a derivative nightmare (which, in reality, is the really scary thing that should keep you up at night if you're in the finance industry) is what would make this not happen; not whether or not he can convince some yokel lawyers to move.

Actually, whether or not Trump can convince some "yokel lawyers" to move has had a huge impact on this project. If you negotiate in a bad faith manner, even with some "yokel lawyers", then you don't exactly help your cause.