Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Unbelievable...stunning...strange? Why such a splashy and prominent introduction, with a link to a website that is non-functional. I'm really not understanding this one, but I can't imagine it'd be a hoax. Thoughts?

This program will not be in print until in the morning. I am sure there will be something up by then.

I notice there is no reference to the skyline in this rendering. One might interpret this as them not really being sure where they would build this "little" masterpiece.
You took the words right out of my head ... :)

With all the problems with land assemblage on the prior site, who knows where this tower could end up? I would much rather see it closer to the Square, as the tallest building uptown will look best near the skyline center IMO.

Edited by Appetite for Construction

Ah this is quite a shock to come home after a long day and see this! It's most ironic, because I was just talking to a buddy about this project when I had accidentally ventured onto the registration for trumpcharlotte.com last night, just for the heck of it, and I also noticed that the site was transfered named to the Trump Organization from Infinity one week ago on Tues. It stated that it internally has been updated. I was going to say something about it but I didn't want to flood this forum with senseless information, however...

Gorgeous building by the way, I hope this is a preview of what big news is to come... and what better way to have a first publication other than the Wachovia Championship.

I would think that we'll hear something tomorrow. At the very least we should hear something from the local media after they pick up on it. Hopefully if there is no formal announcement, then someone in the media will be able to shake loose some details once this becomes common knowledge tomorrow.

I guess we'll see...

Purley speculation on my part...but maybe Trump is behind one of the land deals for the Stonewall properties that was just approved for sale by City Council tonight.

I too wondered this myself... If not I can think of a numbr of places I would love to stick this project.

Purley speculation on my part...but maybe Trump is behind one of the land deals for the Stonewall properties that was just approved for sale by City Council tonight.

Didn't even think about that. Continuing speculation, but it was almost a year ago that Trump was suppose to make the announcement which turned out to be a disappointment of the project being placed on hold due to a rocky economy. However... I wonder if this "new" premium land becoming available and seeing how strong the Charlotte market has endured comparably to other cities as well as some of the successes that are continuing in the city through a rough economic situation, I wonder if this enticed him (or his son) more to make the investment. Well, we do know the Trump Org can afford 28 million dollars for land, so I guess that this is a possibility. Wow imagine 72 stories on the west side of the light rail, that would really expand the Stonewall stretch with the Wachovia campus.