Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

At first glance of the renderings of this project I was debating if I liked the design or not. I have lately been playing around with the skyline view, that was taken at the hospital by the one member of this forum, and adding in the new projects. I posted it in the Charlotte Skyline Photos topic and I'm posting it here now cause I have added Trump to where it COULD possibly be going. I can say now seeing it in the skyline I really really like it and with Wachovia feels like its own little city.

charlotte.jpg

Wow seeing everything clustered together like that, the skyline is going to look insane. Andy on the forum brought up the fact to me that if you look at the Trump / Wachovia section its pretty much Charlotte's Little Dubai. I'm starting to warm up quite a bit now to the Trump design, hopefully it'll give a similar green/teal glow as the we have put in our skylines because it takes the Charlotte skyline to the next level and starts to turn it futuristic but keep it modern.

Maybe I'm alone in thinking that if they build these towers so close to Wachovia that it will take away from Wachovia and make it seem less iconic. As it stands right now, Wachovia will stand out beautifully. Build a larger tower right next to it and it just becomes another 400 S Tryon. It would be like building Atlanta's BoA next to ours. Which one stands out more in that situation? You'd still be able to appreciate both still, but it would retract from the tower's appearance. There are a lot of other places uptown where this tower would look better. But as Mo said, it would help serve to push for a cap over 277, not to mention encourage development past it along Tryon, so who knows?

Charlotte is getting to the point that IMO it doesnt matter how close one building is to another. Sure, if the Trump is built close to Wachovia it will take away from it some. What is more exciting is how much freakin excitement will be going on in that area. Can you imagine? The new museums and theatre at Wachovia. Add to that the shopping that the Trump towers will bring and you truly will see Charlotte enter a new level of sophistication. I always new Charlotte would become a true destination city, I just had no idea it would all happen so soon. I moved back to Charlotte from Philadelphia in 2005 and have thought about moving back. Mostly because I miss the cultur and history there. Now, I cant imagine moving back. Charlotte now has great restaurants and so much more to do. Charlotte is becoming all grown up.

Very nice!

Poor little Odell, however.

I know right its like when is it going to get some company around those parts. It doesn't need to be that tall just big enough to catch your eye so it creates a cluster effect when viewed from certain angles.

This will be a world class view if everything is completed as seen.:)

I always envisioned Uptown Charlotte developing similarly to center-city Minneapolis. But this rendering is more reminiscent of downtown Houston.

I can see Houston...but I think the way the skyscrapers are spread out and the density from this angle remind me slightly over a smaller version of the Chicago skyline. There still needs to be some infill on the South side of Tryon, but Trump and Wachovia definitely help to balance the skyline and make it very pleasing on the eye.

chicago_skyline.jpg

Although this building appears to be quite tall, it's also very thin, and therefore, probably does not have enormous square footage. Thus, if the office portion were 700,000 s.f. and the hotel were 200,000 s.f., if Trump has a commitment for an office user for half that space and from a hotel operator for all of the hotel space, this could be in the works. Under that scenario, moreover, financing should be secured. Presumably, most (if not all) of the condo space is in the separte, smaller tower which could be built later.

I will speculate and say that the hotel and condo elements would be in the same building. The smaller building should be all spec office and the two floors evident on this rendering would be street-level retail. Just a guess of course.

Hmm- my guess would be tall tower all office, minus the bottom floors for retail. 2nd tower, bottom more retail, bottom portion hotel, and the very top for condos.

Office space is in demand, hotel space is in demand, especially with the NASCAR HofF and Wachovia attractions being so close by, presumably, and although the condo market is iffy- I think there is more possibility of him pulling it off for the following reasons-

1) Timing- it'll be a few years before this would even be completed, assuming planning started this year.

2) If there is a large company relocating to Charlotte and moving to his office tower (which keep in mind would be expensive per sq ft, and also possibly be large with 70 + stories of space), that would likely mean a lot of wealthy individuals looking to move here also, in add't to any left overs from One Charlotte. I think there will be a stronger demand for ultra-wealth living here seeing the way that Charlotte is so quickly growing to be an arguable world-class city.

Office space is in demand, hotel space is in demand, especially with the NASCAR HofF and Wachovia attractions being so close by, presumably, and although the condo market is iffy- I think there is more possibility of him pulling it off for the following reasons-

I really don't think very many visitors to the NASCAR HOF will be staying at a luxury Trump Hotel and while the Wachovia will have attractions that will have plenty of visitors, why would someone stay in a hotel just to go to the Mint or Bechtler Museum? I guess it could be used as an amenity to the hotel but people aren't going to justify staying there just because it's next to a museum, etc.

Edited by Raintree21

We've got an updated website with more of everything!

http://www.trumpcharlotte.com/

I just love the view of the tower on the residential page, with those angled roofs that are L shaped. What a crazy tower.

And the specs:

40 story tower:

Office, retail, full floor restaurant

Tower two:

Hotel, residential, conference floor, roof garden/terrace (hopefully this could become public observation deck), Sky Lobby

Edited by Andyc545

This thing just gets better and better everyday. I like how its not the standard rectangle shape either and instead a hexagon.

Indeed, I've just seen the rendering of the tower on the residence section (the rendering on the left): i was very sceptical about the design at the begining, but now I really love it. One of the best Trump's designs I've seen so far. :thumbsup:

This is a siteplan that they use on that new website very obviously is on the Goodyear site without the buildings at College and Stonewall. If you overlay it on that tax parcel without the disputed parcels next door, the full project proposed here fits in perfectly. It appears that they were able to make it work without that extra land. They do add a disclaimer, however, that includes that location might change.

post-670-1209674659_thumb.jpg