Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

I agree this would truly be a long shot, thats why I still believe the corporate relocation/major office signing idea. Without one, I dont see this happening at all. With one, the hotel could take up half the residential building, leaving ~35 floors of condo's which would not be too far fetched with a name like Trump on the building and new employees who just moved to town.

Plus, something of that magnitude would also only be known by those at the table. I'd doubt very many people at Crescent would ever hear a wisper about the land deal. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Wouldn't that be a little risky considering the Trump trademark/brand might not be okay with it? What if someone ran an ad for Urban Planet without asking Neo.

You are absolutely correct. Trump's lawyers could shred Little to tiny pieces for something like that.

Wouldn't that be a little risky considering the Trump trademark/brand might not be okay with it? What if someone ran an ad for Urban Planet without asking Neo.

That would be like misusing the word "Recession" without checking with a dictionary first. OK, just a little joke...

I wouldn't think Little et al would risk that at all. Any clients they are presenting to I'm sure could be shown this building as part of their portfolio. I wouldn't think they'd want to advertise by creating a completely false website/scenario.

For the record...I think it would be great if this got built. It's hard to get too excited because of how disappointing it would be if things fall through!

Do you think Trump found out that we keep close tabs on projects in Charlotte, and that he is pulling this stunt just to see what we do, while he is getting his project together? I am sure he would enjoy this.

As fun as that would be to think about, no :). Waste that kind of money and that kind of publicity for really nothing.

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, will actually come of all this, but they might have done a bit of what you stated above...let the underground buzz get started, let people get excited and anxious, hold off a bit, then when the news hits the buzz in is full force. Just my guess!

Was it confirmed that he was in town for this year's tournament? I would think the media would be jumping on the fact that he was here.

I say he was here scrambling to get a website that was "brand acceptable" thrown together in 24 hours! I also heard he was supposed to meet with some other key people at Quail and that he only spent a couple of hours there in the clubhouse.

Has anyone considered maybe Little placed the add, Little updated the website and Little is creating all of this buzz. I don't know of any project having a live link to the architects website.

This is the same theory I have been speculating on when discussing this new buzz....its seems like all new information is courtesy of Little....

This is the same theory I have been speculating on when discussing this new buzz....its seems like all new information is courtesy of Little....

Indeed. I notice the website is being operated on a shared GoDaddy server and not a server in trumporg.com address block. That would seem to be a very odd arrangement if Trump were actually involved with it. I do note however the similarities between TrumpCharlotte.com and littleonline.com in that they use almost exactly the same kind of flash presentations. Still no mention on the trumporg.com site.

Amazing how fast this fell off the radar screen.

Honestly there are quite a few inconsistencies between this site and the rest of the trump projects. The General Feel is very lowbrow as far as websites go, at least in comparison with other "product launch sites." Its just way to unprofessional for Trump.

I consider myself to be some what of a "typophile" and the biggest thing that tells me this site was not put together by TrumpORG is the logo and the Typography. The logo used on the site is a grayscale diamond with a serif T. Firstly the could be argued as minimalist, but the diamond with the hard grayscale gradients looks unprofessional, not to mention the T is not the Trump T. The Cross Stroke is way too wide and its a transitional typeface instead of a strict serif. The Logo looks like a little kid made it, I could replicate it in minutes. Not to mention the typography of the headline is way too quirky for Trump, its also completely horizontal. His logos are consistently vertical, with an identifying logo on top and the with a serif T in a stylized feature. The TRUMP is a trademarked look they wouldn't manipulate it. Here is an example.

trump%20Tower%20Tampa%20logo.JPG

That is just my take on the sites typography. I am confused about all these uncharacteristic features however, because it does say at the bottom it is Trump Org Copyrighted 2008

Indeed. Trump doesn't put this copyright statement on his own website. Instead, there is a rather long list of terms and conditions that are missing from trumpcharlotte.com.

I also note that trumpcharlotte.com was authored by skyscraper3d.com which is a Little company not a Trump one.

I am thinking that trump has little to do with it at this point.

Trump Tower Tampa was not fully developed by Trump. As mentioned here, he lended his name for that project. Projects that are 100% developed by Trump have a globe behind his "T."

And the Trump Tower Tampa project was somewhat of a disaster, wasn't it? I think they said they would never do one like that again.

You are absolutely correct. Trump's lawyers could shred Little to tiny pieces for something like that.

I can't imagine any credible company posting a website of a project that was not authorized. As tozmervo said, Trump's lawyers would most likely rip any company to shreds that would do such a thing.

***note: it's been mentioned many times, but it seems like the word isn't getting out~lol. Trump Tampa was not a Trump project. It was a project that paid for the Trump name. Trump Tampa/Trump Charlotte is a classic example of comparing apples and oranges.:)

I can't imagine any credible company posting a website of a project that was not authorized. ...
I don't think anyone here has said that Little wasn't authorized to do this. I am not sure how that conclusion was drawn except for maybe a misunderstanding on how a copyright statement works. A copyright statement certainly isn't any indication that Trump is actively involved with a project. A copyright statement is very very cheap, as in free because you can state a copyright without registering it. Now if the site was actually registered with the copyright office that would be a different matter, but it's my guess that it isn't. (it's a lot of work and not worth it for something so simple at this point)

It's my guess, that Trump gave Little some authorization to put out a fairly simple site, with renderings that didn't take a lot of work, on a shared server, to see if there is any interest in a project such as this in Charlotte. The investment is small, there has been no official announcements, and if it fails, Trump can walk away without any pie on his face as nobody will take much notice. He certainly wouldn't want to make the same mistake that Tony G. made in Nashville by announcing a 72 story tower there, which at his point remains a dream even though the entire world was told it would be built.

Facts:

- There was an ad in the Wachovia program.

- TrumpCharlotte.com was activated with content the week of the Wachovia.

- The initial renderings on TrumpCharlotte.com were changed to exclude the Westin (and other buildings).

- TrumpCharlotte.com was updated with more content a few days after launch.

- The Little website (LittleOnline.com) was changed recently to include renderings of Trump Charlotte.

- According to Polaris, one possible construction site is currently owned by Crescent.

Domain/technical facts:

- The domain registration for TrumpCharlotte.com was updated 22-Apr-08.

- The Registrant for TrumpCharlotte.com is "The Trump Organization" in New York.

- TrumpCharlotte.com appears to be hosted on servers within GoDaddy.

- The author tags in TrumpCharlotte.com indicate skyscraper3d.com, a group within Little.

- LittleOnline.com appears to be hosted on servers within the Little address block.

83alpha, while I agree that the diamond T on TrumpCharlotte.com is not consistent with the T you posted from Trump Tampa, I'm not sure how much more can be said.

The intro T at trump.com (and trumporg.com) is possibly more consistent with the diamond T (longer cross stroke). Further, the Globe T on trumplv.com is completely diffferent than either.

In other words, your other comments regarding quality and professionalism notwithstanding, I'm not sure how much we can or can't infer from the typeface.