Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

I still have Huge doubts Trump would put a 70 story tower in CHARLOTTE NC.

:alc::rolleyes: Although... think of the bragging rights we could have over Atlanta and Nashville. ha ha, kidding.

not nashville if their 1000+ footer gets built and atl has 2 1000+ footers. only dif is we get trump (of course atl does have trump) but still major kudos to clt if we pull this off

Translation:

"It could be near a building that most of us would not want to go to, unless we are the retainer"

= "Hall House land", as most of us want to keep it, but if we owned it, we wouldn't want to keep it.

"Or maybe just between some news and a good nights sleep."

= "the block between the Westin and the Observer, aka The Goodyear block", which is where most of our sources have already said it would go, except for one, who said that block is now in question, due to price gouging.

What I got from it was 600 S. College is home to some law office and also shares a block with the Goodyear. And then it is between the Observer-Westin, not sure it could be any other site. Unless, of course, the riddle was just a stupid joke.

Off subject, but did I miss something...what 2 1000 footers does ATL have? I'm only aware of one.

forgive me for being overzealous, i recently read of plans for a new atl tallest which would give them two 1000 footers. I apologize I dont recall where but I guess i thought it was already underconstruction.

edit- after searching for where i read the info, on another urban/skyscraper site, it was revealed that the proposed tower was a hoax so there is only the tall boa tower and then the suntrust tower at the 871 or so. after that, all downhill. i apologize for my inaccuracy

Edited by moving uptown

Great riddle NVQ! The smaller building is news to me, but I'll definitely take it. By the way, isn't 400 S. Tryon (old white wachovia building) owned by Duke now? If so, does that mean the smaller building would be taller than this one since Duke's execs will have to look up to it (assuming Duke's execs have offices on the top floor of 400 S. Tryon)? If so, the smaller tower would be 500'+! Anyways, thanks for the info NVQ now its just a waiting game.

This "rumor" about Trump scouting Charlotte was confirmed to me by another reliable source at lunch who is also in the biz. From what I was told it is still a scouting expedition, but they are considering the Queen City.

Hmmm... your wording seems different than the more "certain" tone found among others, NVQ as well despite his riddling, so your source says Trump is merely in the considering stage, and nothing more concrete?

NVQ - just back from vacation and saw your riddle!! Excellent skills my man, just excellent. I must ask, however, the reference to retainer was not completely figured out, but I think I got it. No one wants to be on the non-retainer side of BD!! Hope I am right...

Edited by tunedmassdamper

Looks like it has been confirmed that Trump is trying to aquire land in Charlotte. He is actively trying to aquire the 600 block of Tryon. Story is here. If the rumors I am hearing about the chosen architect of this job, this building could place Charlotte in a very elite group of cities in America in terms of building sizes :shades: !

Yep, that article pretty much confirms every rumor that I've heard on here and elsewhere. It really is amazing. Not that I'm a big Trump fan, but the sheer ambition of this project in Charlotte.

Now...the critical piece is him acquiring that block.

I love that we've had a thread devoted to this for a month and a half, and now it gets a blurb in the O.

But it is great to have the confirmation.

Looks like it has been confirmed that Trump is trying to aquire land in Charlotte. He is actively trying to aquire the 600 block of Tryon. Story is here. If the rumors I am hearing about the chosen architect of this job, this building could place Charlotte in a very elite group of cities in America in terms of building sizes :shades: !

One good thing about a project like Trump's is that he'll be able to draw in people from all over the country/world to buy the condos. It won't just be a matter of whether the Charlotte market can support the project, but how well Charlotte's positive attributes can attract out of towners. In the article it also said that a 5-star hotel would be part of the project. Does this mean it will be a full-fledged Trump International?

One good thing about a project like Trump's is that he'll be able to draw in people from all over the country/world to buy the condos. It won't just be a matter of whether the Charlotte market can support the project, but how well Charlotte's positive attributes can attract out of towners. In the article it also said that a 5-star hotel would be part of the project. Does this mean it will be a full-fledged Trump International?

I was wondering the same thing. It would think it would be a Trump International, just because having a Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental or Saint Regis just wouldn't seem logical, since he has a proven 5-star prototype.

I expressed sincere pessimism earlier in this thread about a Trump IT&H, just because I don't think Charlotte is close to a level of national recognition needed to market it to a broad audience.

I'm beginning to think there may be something else at work here driving a project of this scale. In my opinion Vue and TTT were picking up the demand for a luxury high-rise project, and Wachovia will be building a tower to satisfy the demand of their new IB employees. Where are the extra ultra-high paying jobs ($250k+/year) in downtown coming from? I have a feeling that there may be a corporate relocation, or major expansion into Charlotte, brewing, and perhaps the office component of this project will be the answer to that question.

Says a mega-development so I am wondering how many towers this could possibly mean.

2 towers, unlike the ATL dual towers. The first being 35 on top of a base of 5 and the 2nd being 80+???? Side by side is the only way it will work, as a site nearby may be historic, unknown to many and no one can convert. That is if no one else will play.

If others play, then it will be 3 towers. 45, 60 and a small building connecting the two as a small spiral in the middle at 70. But this is a long shot.

Either or, look for office, hotel, condos, retail.. The only way it will work.

Sales are International and National, while the locals can try to buy, but if they even say a word on the price, just expect the phase to be heard "Next in Line!"

I was wondering the same thing. It would think it would be a Trump International, just because having a Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental or Saint Regis just wouldn't seem logical, since he has a proven 5-star prototype.

I expressed sincere pessimism earlier in this thread about a Trump IT&H, just because I don't think Charlotte is close to a level of national recognition needed to market it to a broad audience.

I'm beginning to think there may be something else at work here driving a project of this scale. In my opinion Vue and TTT were picking up the demand for a luxury high-rise project, and Wachovia will be building a tower to satisfy the demand of their new IB employees. Where are the extra ultra-high paying jobs ($250k+/year) in downtown coming from? I have a feeling that there may be a corporate relocation, or major expansion into Charlotte, brewing, and perhaps the office component of this project will be the answer to that question.

Now that is an interesting idea. One which I think has some merit. Charlotte is overdue for a Fortune 500 relocation. One thing makes me wonder though...would Trump know something like that in advance? I doubt it...then again...what do I know?

Can you guys just imagine the view of the future skyline of Charlotte if this takes place! I can't friggin wait! The drive around 277 will be un-friggin-believable! :yahoo:

A2

Then I sincerely hope the transit petition/vote fails to repeal the transit tax. I'd hate for you to leave and miss all the fun. :camera: