Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

I wonder how Bank Of America will react to this? :rolleyes:

They are going to remove the crown, add 10 floors and put the crown back on. Promise. :thumbsup:

I really feel for you guys that joined UP back in '03 and '04, I think if I had discovered UP back then my head would have exploded by now after learning of announced projects but then having to wait years until they were completed.

This is also a very trumpesque move. Notice how this "leak" comes out when another tower has been announced within 24 hours, its just a classic "trump." Personally I think this is an ideal spot for a tower, not only does it create a great bookend, but it actually creates another stair step in downtown. There will be no opportunity to even out on the other side of the building because there is a 10 lane highway, great move for trump, it will be the first thing seen going down 277.

I think this is a great spot for a building of this size (I'm sure there are other good spots too for those who won't agree). I hope he takes "a new tallest" seriously and does something that will improve the skyline instead of detracting from it.

Hopefully not until we have enough office space for all these newcomers. There are a lot of people moving here. I have found myself, plenty of times, looking at 4-6 McMansion lots on Providence Rd two feet from one another selling for 600K+. SERIOUSLY?? Not to rant, but there are many areas in this city that are not equipped to handle the traffic load they endure. I love the idea of Trump building a monstrous development in uptown. We need the office space.

Also the article mentions the five star hotel. If I am wrong, please correct me, but isn't that pretty reassuring that the building will follow the recent Trumph trend of hiring semi-local/better architects and simply funding the project? I can't really find anything wrong with this project until the renderings are published :whistling: and then only if the project goes against all the urban essentials we all seem to understand. This is great news for Charlotte on an image standpoint. I certainly hope it is equally impressive from a form/function standpoint. I say "get er done!" :shades:

Anybody knows how Trump towers usually treat the street? I know some Atlanta forumers were disappointed with the ground level renderings of their Trump project. It would be a shame to have a Trump monument that does nothing to extend the pedestrian-friendliness of the future AACC and Mint Museum areas along S Tryon.

Hopefully not until we have enough office space for all these newcomers. There are a lot of people moving here. I have found myself, plenty of times, looking at 4-6 McMansion lots on Providence Rd two feet from one another selling for 600K+. SERIOUSLY?? Not to rant, but there are many areas in this city that are not equipped to handle the traffic load they endure. I love the idea of Trump building a monstrous development in uptown. We need the office space.

Also the article mentions the five star hotel. If I am wrong, please correct me, but isn't that pretty reassuring that the building will follow the recent Trumph trend of hiring semi-local/better architects and simply funding the project? I can't really find anything wrong with this project until the renderings are published :whistling: and then only if the project goes against all the urban essentials we all seem to understand. This is great news for Charlotte on an image standpoint. I certainly hope it is equally impressive from a form/function standpoint. I say "get er done!" :shades:

CLT - Trump has two business models, (one) as a developer owning the project from the ground up and (two) as a licensing entity only sponsoring a project with his namesake for a hefty fee. This project will no doubt fall under numero uno and will probably be built under his "International" brand due to the hotel component.

I am with you, however...Design, Design, Design! From what I hear about the four architects who are being considered, this will truly be an iconic building for Charlotte.

Doug's full article.

http://charlotte.com/109/story/67036.html

a mega-development of luxury condos, a five-star hotel, an office tower and high-end shops... Sources say they believe Trump could acquire the land by late summer if he decides to move forward.
Edited by moonshield

Infinity's James Poag III said plans are for the development to complement the 48-story Wachovia tower and campus under way diagonally across Tryon.

wow, the possibilities...

Maybe this is more closely tied to Wachovia than is stated...

Maybe this is Wachovia's answer to BOA's Ritz...

Maybe they didnt make the new Wachovia Tower taller than BOA because this project will be....

Maybe they will bring back the 4FU design... yeah right... :rolleyes:

anyway, just fun speculation.. This is exciting for Charlotte, can't wait to see it in 2010

wow, the possibilities...

Maybe this is more closely tied to Wachovia than is stated...

Maybe this is Wachovia's answer to BOA's Ritz...

Maybe they didnt make the new Wachovia Tower taller than BOA because this project will be....

Maybe they will bring back the 4FU design... yeah right... :rolleyes:

anyway, just fun speculation.. This is exciting for Charlotte, can't wait to see it in 2010

I just think it is wonderful that TRUMP and Infinity Partners are taking these types of things into consideration. It would be so easy to just stamp out a TRUMP product here or just sign a licensing agreement, but these comments are indicative of something spectacular.

Thank you, Dougie, for the shout out at long last. It is great that we finally got an article on this subject to get some of the official responses on some of these questions. We now have confirmed that Crescent is involved, so I think we can now be officially paranoid about bad design. I'm sure the architects will bring a good design on such a major project, but street design is part of what the developer manipulates and nixes. The next few months are sure to be interesting.

Thanks for linking to us Doug :)

I just wish this site wasn't so isolated. If the Observer block could be redeveloped with something that had retail it would help connect any retail at the Trump site to the Wachovia site. Right now they are caddy-corner from one another, with no retail inbetween.

ps. (theres no way I'm going to be able to keep up with the construction update pics in a couple years, this is crazy)

Thank you, Dougie, for the shout out at long last. It is great that we finally got an article on this subject to get some of the official responses on some of these questions. We now have confirmed that Crescent is involved, so I think we can now be officially paranoid about bad design. I'm sure the architects will bring a good design on such a major project, but street design is part of what the developer manipulates and nixes. The next few months are sure to be interesting.

Am I confused? Is Crescent just not the seller of the Goodyear and CPS sites? Where does ot say they are involved?

I think they are just the seller. I can't imagine that they would want to be involved in this, unless the office component is for them, but as I understand it, that isn't part of Duke's plan.

The retail piece of this is pretty intruiging as well. If this is a Trump IH&T then I can't imagine mid-range retailers locating there. Have any announcements been made for retail tenants at Chicago, Toronto or New Orleans?

I think the Trumps were here about two years ago and engaged an out of town firm to "snoop around" and find them a site. Rumor has it that they almost went forward on the Rennaissance property, but could never get a solid contract. Who knows?

Anyway, the fact that they have been able to do what they have done so far without anyone finding out about it is worthy of attention. I also applaud their collaborative approach to developing here. Anyone know who the architectural candidates are?