Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

15 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

I can't wait to see renderings of the LH tower.  It will be exciting for the city.  RDF, do you have any idea when renderings might be made public?  I know you would share if you could, so just asking for a guesstimate.  I don't think anyone thought Wells would be an anchor tenant for Tryon Place.  Anyone Uptown might use it for a little extra space if need be, but I don't think anyone really anticipated a bank becoming an anchor for Tryon Place.  I do hope they land an anchor sooner than later though.  Maybe Wild Wing Cafe will grow exponentially and need a tower home, lol ;)http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/11/01/charleston-restaurant-chain-moves-hq-to-charlotte.html 

Sadly, I don't know. I'm still trying to go through more legitimate channels to get renderings, so that I can share, since my sources have their jobs on the line. Gotta love Bureaucracy  

Edited by Guest

Is it crazy to think that Tryon Place could fill up without even having an 'anchor' tenant?  It's going to be gorgeous office space with amazing views.  With Charlotte continually growing it's tech community, is it that far of a reach to think it could be filled with all small spaces?  

• Like 1

Re: BofA Corp Center

E&Y leases 30k sq ft, and McKinsey & Co leases about 7k....both of those would be the types of tenants I could see taking space at Tryon Place.....

The rest are law firms, which are sort of a wild card, but I see more likely taking something like 300 S Tryon (midway between the banks :) )

The biggest is Moore & Van Allen, which leases 150k sq ft, so a legit anchor for a new tower.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, asthasr said:

Don't bet on tech firms taking tower space. Startups run lean and developers are so expensive that they cut ancillary costs as much as they possibly can. Any tech startup that leases space in a tower is more likely an investment scheme than a legitimate tech startup.

Was not speaking about startups but rather more established agencies.  It's one thing to be a bootstrapped startup and another to be a solid agency in the hip converted warehouse.  But at some point agencies and software companies need a certain quality of space either by growing locally or planting roots from a multi city agency.  

LGA, GMR, Wray Ward and Mower are good examples of national agencies.  Combined they employ several hundred. I also know there are multiple really good agencies in Charlotte that are still growing.   Don't have a pulse on software but when Charlotte continues to be rated as a very good and growing 'tech talent' city this type of growth should be expected.  

• Like 2

Interesting comment from Ely this morning.  He just mentioned it in passing since the article isn't about Tryon Place, but he described Tryon Place as "a mixed-use office tower that will be at least 27 stories at Stonewall and Tryon streets."  I know it means nothing and only confirms what others have said, but here is to hoping "at least 27" means the tower at least gets to 30.  I am not holding out for 36 anymore, but slightly higher than 27 would be nice.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article112266202.html

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DMann said:

Whew!

I'm surprised it took everyone this long to figure it out, new branding and site went live on Monday :-). There is a LOT to be excited about. The building stays on the same level of pretty cool, but the pedestrian experience will be fully fleshed out. Be excited. I'm excited.

5 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

does this mean anchor tenant is secured or just rebranding and tweaking the plans? 

I know they have been getting a crap ton of interest, and are talking to tenants. Pretty much all the retail is spoken for too. Crescent created a brand, and JLL felt they could improve upon it, complete with new branding and a slightly revamped building design.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm surprised it took everyone this long to figure it out, new branding and site went live on Monday :-). There is a LOT to be excited about. The building stays on the same level of pretty cool, but the pedestrian experience will be fully fleshed out. Be excited. I'm excited.

So, to clarify, it's the opposite of "Be afraid, be very afraid" ?

• 4 weeks later...

14b648be2fa9c1064bd73c054fff73f6.jpg

How can we get our hands on these gems? There wasn't a single worker to be found; so there was no one to ask. Had half a mind to jump the fence and grab a couple. But then it dawned on me, how insanely difficult would it be to climb up and over a fence with two cinder blocks in hand?

But in all seriousness, they must have some plan for them if they have them neatly stacked on pallets.

Just now, AuLukey said:

How can we get our hands on these gems? There wasn't a single worker to be found; so there was no one to ask. Had half a mind to jump the fence and grab a couple. But then it dawned on me, how insanely difficult would it be to climb up and over a fence with two cinder blocks in hand?

But in all seriousness, they must have some plan for them if they have them neatly stacked on pallets.

They are going to rebuild the wall inside the new Goodyear arts Center I believe. I know its being rebuilt somewhere... Just don't remember where...

14 hours ago, AuLukey said:

Can't see the image. iPhone fail?

• Like 1

The Goodyear cinder blocks are cool and all, but I am looking forward to a new website/renderings/tenant announcements, etc.  After a flurry of talk about Tryon Place and Lincoln Harris a month or two ago, there hasn't been much news lately about Uptown development.  Hopefully one of the projects provide us with some glimpses before Christmas.

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, J-Rob said:

The Goodyear cinder blocks are cool and all, but I am looking forward to a new website/renderings/tenant announcements, etc.  After a flurry of talk about Tryon Place and Lincoln Harris a month or two ago.  There hasn't been much news lately about Uptown development.  Hopefully one of the projects provide us with some glimpses before Christmas.

Totally agree. The silence is probably a good thing (let political climate change), but its frustrating.