Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Here is the parking lot aka site of Tryon Place today tonight. Not much action I see. 
IMG_0738.thumb.JPG.65187040542ac2e2a120cf856d433b5e.JPG

Announcement is hung up on the impending construction crisis caused by two hurricanes, hopefully soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just now, jtmonk said:

Has a 60's vibe to it but i like it.  Street level looks nice although it looks like there is a large blank wall along stonewall in front of the hotel. 

There is indeed :-(. The grading of the street is the cause. There will be anchor retail right above there and it will be very accessible from the street, though from a 

I like it as well!  Can't wait to hear some about retail aspect of it and the hotel brand.  I was curious though...there is not as much detail in the hotel portion of the rendering.  Is that the final design for the hotel?  Surprised too that there is no rooftop aspect either (from what I can see from the rendering).  It seems that rooftop resturant/bar/space is pretty trendy amongst hotels u/c uptown (epicentre hotel, Grand Bohemian, Kimpton, etc).  Not that it's a bad thing, but just an observation.   Either way, I think we are all thrilled that this project is moving forward!

3 minutes ago, AP3 said:

I think it will look great from 277 and street level.  I think the height is great for that location (roughly the height of 300 South Tryon, and that has a huge impact on the skyline). 

Its shorter than 300 South Tryon by a lot. Its closer to Charlotte Plaza in height.

6 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I was curious though...there is not as much detail in the hotel portion of the rendering.  Is that the final design for the hotel?

I assume that is a placeholder.  Just glad there will be a hotel there fronting the garage.

3 minutes ago, AP3 said:

I think it will look great from 277 and street level.  I think the height is great for that location (roughly the height of 300 South Tryon, and that has a huge impact on the skyline). 

Agreed.  

8 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I like it as well!  Can't wait to hear some about retail aspect of it and the hotel brand.  I was curious though...there is not as much detail in the hotel portion of the rendering.  Is that the final design for the hotel?  Surprised too that there is no rooftop aspect either (from what I can see from the rendering).  It seems that rooftop resturant/bar/space is pretty trendy amongst hotels u/c uptown (epicentre hotel, Grand Bohemian, Kimpton, etc).  Not that it's a bad thing, but just an observation.   Either way, I think we are all thrilled that this project is moving forward!

That is a placeholder, will be up to the chosen flag to design/develop