Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Just sad to think that this final version of Tryon Place is being built on the same parcel of land that the GORGEOUSLY designed and much more imposing Trump Towers were proposed for.

Would have never finished construction. Imagine 210 trade but stopped construction at like 20 floors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Would have never finished construction. Imagine 210 trade but stopped construction at like 20 floors.

Just thinking about what might have been. It'd be nice to add another skyline-shaping structure instead of this. Not feeling the 3 consecutive towers of what will be Tryon Place, 615 S. College, and the Westin all being nearly the same height and in such close proximity. I guess something is better than nothing, though.

Just thinking about what might have been. It'd be nice to add another skyline-shaping structure instead of this. Not feeling the 3 consecutive towers of what will be Tryon Place, 615 S. College, and the Westin all being nearly the same height and in such close proximity. I guess something is better than nothing, though.

Personally I'd rather a taller building at NCRR or CTC. Something in the middle. Trump would have made the skyline super off balanced.

14 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Personally I'd rather a taller building at NCRR or CTC. Something in the middle. Trump would have made the skyline super off balanced.

I'm so jealous of the quality of Austin's buildings. Most of which are residential. Here is their newest proposed tallest. 3 ft. taller than Corp. here 

WrkRQEU.jpg

Their  tallest under construction

The-Independent-jenga-tower-downtown-Aus

Their current tallest

7c84528c-f5a9-4b4c-952b-625a89378644.jpg

I guess our development isn't so bad. At least our growth maybe more sustainable (office)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I'm so jealous of the quality of Austin's buildings. Most of which are residential. Here is their newest proposed tallest. 3 ft. taller than Corp. here 

WrkRQEU.jpg

Their  tallest under construction

The-Independent-jenga-tower-downtown-Aus

Their current tallest

7c84528c-f5a9-4b4c-952b-625a89378644.jpg

I guess our development isn't so bad. At least our growth maybe more sustainable (office)

The first building is beautiful, but I thought it was 850ft? 

Love it but Austin isn't Charlotte and it won't ever be. Charlotte is expected to grow more and more through out the next few decades, We will only see more and more development projects, Some could be taller then the BofA.

http://ui.uncc.edu/story/charlotte-and-raleigh-are-fastest-growing-large-cities-un-projections

By 2030, Charlotte is predicted to be the fastest growing major U.S. City, Outpacing Austin. 

• Like 2

Just sad to think that this final version of Tryon Place is being built on the same parcel of land that the GORGEOUSLY designed and much more imposing Trump Towers were proposed for.

Yea! They were supposed to be YUGE! The best towers, you can ask anyone, they’ll tell you, so magnificent.

In all honesty, there was a time I was really excited about those buildings and really hoped we’d land them. Now, I can say for certain that I’m glad we didn’t.
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Is it economical to build a new tallest right now? We've seen announcements and starts on many tall projects but nothing close to BOA in height. 

I think, that there are too many surface lots and underdeveloped lots still within uptown for one to be build right now.  Unless a duck measuring contest breaks out, but I don't see that happening. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Is it economical to build a new tallest right now? We've seen announcements and starts on many tall projects but nothing close to BOA in height. 

My thoughts  are no unless a major corporation moves here or someone like Wells does it. The cost to build really tall buildings 50 plus stories is very high. Not to say it wont ever happen but just not in the foreseeable future.  But plenty of 30-40 story buildings are very possible like the new Duke tower.  Plus we have plenty of land and redevelopment possibilities to build many more towers uptown. 

• Like 1

I suspect we would get a tower close or higher than BOA before 2030. Many companies are moving to Charlotte, In 2025 CLT is predicted to be home to 14 Fortune 500 Companies. The Demand for Office Space in 2025 is predicted to be 132 Million Square feet. I would like it if a tower exceeded BOA, But I like the BOA, It reminds me of the U.S. Bank Tower in L.A., And Frankly it looks a lot higher than it actually is. As long as we get a more dense but more sprawling skyline, I'm a happy guy.

http://www.charlottestories.com/heres-what-charlotte-will-look-like-in-2025/

http://www.charlottestories.com/north-carolina-now-ranked-1-state-america-start-business/

Edited by Cadi40

If it weren't for the Recession we would have so many more buildings, However we do have quite a lot planned for the future, And think about the stuff that hasn't even been announced yet.

If it wasn't for the recession we'd have so many more buildings...
I gotta be the Debby downer for a min. The reason we had the recession was partly due to over building and handing out loans right and left. So had we had no recession we'd have probably the same amount of buildings lol

9 hours ago, Popsickle said:

I think, that there are too many surface lots and underdeveloped lots still within uptown for one to be build right now.  Unless a duck measuring contest breaks out, but I don't see that happening. 

Do we need a surface lot count down? There is too many to count in 1st ward but outside of that not too many.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Surface lots are slowly being eaten up. It’s rather good to have Surface lots because it’s just space that will be taken up by Towers, It means we won’t run out of room to grow for a little bit, But soon I would like to see some towers out of 277 or near the Skyhouse.

I think theres honestly only 5-6 years of surface lots left. I'm being completely honest. Theres about 10-15 years of under utilized properties to build denser after that.

20 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Surface lots are slowly being eaten up. It’s rather good to have Surface lots because it’s just space that will be taken up by Towers, It means we won’t run out of room to grow for a little bit, But soon I would like to see some towers out of 277 or near the Skyhouse.

I don't get this obsession with towers. Who cares. I want density with culture. I mean I'm not against towers and understand the economics but they do nothing to make CLT more livable do they?

• Like 3