Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

5 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

County land use just approved blasting plan, which will be the next phase here.  Will be blasting down approximately 2 stories where the office tower footprint is.....guess bedrock really shallow there.

yes it is. Which is the reason I was given for not doing buried parking.

21 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

They buried across the street at Duke, jus' sayin'.

I know for the 5th largest bank in the world at the time. If my memories serve me correctly, they didn't survive that building being finished.

White Lodging has been selected to develop the hotel at Ally Center. 

"Leary said Crescent conducted a national search over the past two years to find a hotel development partner for the site, formerly known as Tryon Place. The search was focused on developers with experience in building full-service hotels in urban, mixed-use environments, he added. White Lodging was ultimately selected because of its ideas of how to address the building at the street level and its food and beverage program, Leary said. 

"At White Lodging's downtown Austin J.W. Marriott hotel, you can’t tell whether those bars and restaurants are local purveyors or regional chefs or owned by the hotel and part of the program," he said."

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/01/24/hotel-developer-tapped-for-crescent-communities.html

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Hopefully this will be our JW we’ve been waiting on.

im guess this will be around 24 floors?

Looks like they typically own Marriott Group or Hilton Group hotels based on their portfolio.

We don't have JW Marriott, W Hotels, Rennaissance, or Moxy Hotels in Uptown yet out of the Marriott portfolio. This location likely wouldn't be a Bvlgari, Gaylord, Protea, etc...

For Hilton, I think Uptown is just lacking the luxury brands of Waldorf Astoria and Conrad, which makes me think it might be one of the Marriott brands. Canopy was announced for 1st Ward. 

13 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Looks like they typically own Marriott Group or Hilton Group hotels based on their portfolio.

We don't have JW Marriott, W Hotels, Rennaissance, or Moxy Hotels in Uptown yet out of the Marriott portfolio. This location likely wouldn't be a Bvlgari, Gaylord, Protea, etc...

For Hilton, I think Uptown is just lacking the luxury brands of Waldorf Astoria and Conrad, which makes me think it might be one of the Marriott brands. Canopy was announced for 1st Ward. 

Waldorf is typically a low rise resort, and the only midsize city with a Conrad is Indy. White's only similar properties are Westin, Le Meridien, AC, Marriotts and JW Marriotts. Unless they want to update Le Meridien, or go with a new brand, this looks to be a JW Marriott. 

21 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

I just stayed in a Moxy night before last. Dump. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

For what it is worth, RDF's rendering of how he would do Tryon Place had a Conrad, I believe.  Not sure if that was based on rumors or not, but he generally has a good beat on what is going on.

Don't read anything into Conrad, it ain't Conrad.

My bet is a JW Marriott like their Austin hotel and Marriott has done very well in the Charlotte market with all their various brands.  

Here is the Business Journal article about it sounds like 15-16 stories with open air rooftop bar.  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/01/24/hotel-developer-tapped-for-crescent-communities.html

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1