Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

15 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^^ and Raleigh did it with the new Dillon office and apartment building.  They saved at least the facade of the old Dillon Supply.  https://thedillonraleigh.com/property-features/retail/

Stuff like that is cool. I'm 100% in favor of preserving stuff like that when it's appealing. The Diehl building simply can't offer anything comparable to the Dillon preservation. 

7 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Sorry to get in the way of a good argument, but it seems this thing has grown by 2 floors....

...carry on.

When I looked the other day it looked like it had dropped down to 25 floors from 26. Where did you see it go up to 28?

This is what I have.
image.png.bb2778a5cce08dd64ac9aade3f0eaa45.png

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Hunted said:

Stuff like that is cool. I'm 100% in favor of preserving stuff like that when it's appealing. The Diehl building simply can't offer anything comparable to the Dillon preservation. 

The Dillon was half as architecturally significant, and not much larger than Diehl. The only thing on Dillon that was worth saving was the hand painted sign, which is why it was saved.

3 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

Does that push it over 400'? 

I mean, the document that was just approved a few days ago said 25 floors, and it was confirmed at 25 floors.  Going to look into this

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

When I looked the other day it looked like it had dropped down to 25 floors from 26. Where did you see it go up to 28?

Accela revision request today.... additional information tab provides revised sq ft as well that ties to larger building size....

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Accela revision request today.... additional information tab provides revised sq ft as well that ties to larger building size....

This represents a 3 floor leap in size. 

BEFORE

image.png.4de4322625db1a00e90fb9c2f49a1bbb.png

AFTER

image.png.46f14eb430736be56601f1d83ed804a6.png

So about 420’ now?

I’m still skeptical, I need to look into this, that 757 number sounds familiar and I wonder if it’s from an old Tryon Place submit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

BEFORE

AFTER

Sure, the added size will be nice... but is it REALLY worth those extra 4 parking spots that the employees are being robbed of? I say take it down a few floors.

• Haha 1

Sure, the added size will be nice... but is it REALLY worth those extra 4 parking spots that the employees are being robbed of? I say take it down a few floors.

Haha!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're incompetent. You also still don't know the difference between "then" and "than" (just poking, don't get upset). 

Jokes aside, this will bring it closer to the originally planned height, so that's a plus (no pun intended). I'm aware that there were several revisions of the "green version(s)" of Tryon Place, but it was always generally around ~400+. I was disappointed with the final renderings with the Ally announcement mostly due to the fact that there was a bit of a height reduction coupled with the fact that I thought the green looked cooler. I guess this softens half the blow. Nonetheless, great news.

• Like 1

Yeah, this additional height makes this project a little less horrible for me. I mean, it’s really not that bad, but our emotions were played with, when they brought out the original renderings.  What a cool ass building that would have been at the entrance of uptown. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hunted said:

You're incompetent. You also still don't know the difference between "then" and "than" (just poking, don't get upset). 

Jokes aside, this will bring it closer to the originally planned height, so that's a plus (no pun intended). I'm aware that there were several revisions of the "green version(s)" of Tryon Place, but it was always generally around ~400+. I was disappointed with the final renderings with the Ally announcement mostly due to the fact that there was a bit of a height reduction coupled with the fact that I thought the green looked cooler. I guess this softens half the blow. Nonetheless, great news.

Then - Speaking about something time related, Than - Comparing two or more things.

• Like 4

@ricky_davis_fan_21 okay what is the new height of Ally at TP 28 stories and xxx feet tall?  also BOAT at Legacy is now 35 stories and xxx feet tall?     I assume both are due to their respective tenants wanting more space.    Remember the thin FNB Tower will be 390 feet,  already taller than  AATP  before this height increase.  

• Like 2

On 3/13/2018 at 6:23 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

BEFORE

AFTER

@Scribe see this for reference in another thread.

Just an update for people that 757,753 sq foot reference I think belongs to an old Tryon Place submission. I'm pretty certain after talking to a few people Tryon Place has not gotten any larger. I hope I am incorrect.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, tozmervo said:

I'm totally stealing this photo from a friend's Facebook, but theft is flattery, right?

29243762_10216175542448318_3402270012952543232_o.jpg

Get your friend to take a photo focusing down Stonewall so we can see all of Montage and Lennar's building haha