Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Looks like the Tryon Place hotel will have some kind of overhang for its ballroom meeting space over the sidewalk on Stonewall side.   Also these "Brand zones" aka signage are huge on the Ally Bank tower.   Revised site plan below. 

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/191-206/2017-199 site plan rev.pdf

and am I reading this right there is some kind of "future development" over the parking garage?  a 3rd tower of some sort? 

On page 3 of this there seems to be a stick figure woman with her hands in the air like she is being held up LOL 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Looks like the Tryon Place hotel will have some kind of overhang for its ballroom meeting space over the sidewalk on Stonewall side.   Also these "Brand zones" aka signage are huge on the Ally Bank tower.   Revised site plan below. 

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/191-206/2017-199 site plan rev.pdf

and am I reading this right there is some kind of "future development" over the parking garage?  a 3rd tower of some sort? 

On page 3 of this there seems to be a stick figure woman with her hands in the air like she is being held up LOL 

Looks like a woman with extra wide hips with her hands in the air.....LOL

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, navigator319 said:

By my count the building is 28 floors in those skamatics, BUT these look OLD  @KJHburg I see 2014 dates in places on them.

Also if memory servers me this is the smaller version of the original design??? 

Are you sure these are current?

This is the current rezoning which is not yet approved.  They need zoning approval for the hotel overhang  

Here is the current rezoning link

http://charlottenc.gov/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2017Petitions/Pages/2017-199.aspx   still listed as pending 

• Like 1

I don’t follow what your saying. Either the revision that is pending is bringing back the original smaller design OR they don’t need to update the plans in the documents only the section that pertains to the overhang because that is all they are going for.

3ba5d8bc75c6351f648525d32be074a7.jpg
This is the only pertinent part of that document. The rest is extremely outdated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, jordan704 said:

0929A3A8-0AC6-4D48-BC76-E17D055F421D.jpeg

What's going here? Just green space improvement?

I think it would be really neat for this strip to connect to the strip on the other side of Tryon (next to Legacy Union) via a pedestrian tunnel. Perhaps a more elaborate bike path/pedestrian trail around the loop with this part being a little "green" segment of it. Lots of opportunities here.

• Like 2

Do we know what is going on yet with the conflicting information in Accela regarding the Sqft of this building?

This is from the most recent record that is in progress for the building last updated 3/27/18
# of Parking Spaces:
Office Space:
Retail Space:
Open Space:

Here is the same info that is listed in the record for the approved foundation work back on 1/12/18:

# of Parking Spaces:
Office Space:
Retail Space:
Open Space: