Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

1 hour ago, Hunted said:

If DEC, part 2 delivers, then I can forgive Tryon Place for being so disappointingly underwhelming. As far as viewer presence (disclaiming this before the pro-retail people hop on my junk), it simply just adds density. Nothing more, nothing less. As mentioned before, at least it's not the same height as Regions and Westin, because that would be annoying.

I'll eat my hat if you guys don't like this project when its finished, and also when the JW Marriott hotel renderings come out.  I think the articulated texture will look good when its finished and it will help breakup a district that is primarily flat glass curtain. 

9 minutes ago, Hunted said:

I don't DISLIKE it, per se. I just preferred the older renderings and I think it could be so much more. 

Old renderings reflected floorplans that weren't conducive for a financial tenant :-(, that was drawn for a Utility Company.

This was version was basically drawn for Ally Bank. After 4-5 years of courting prospective clients I'm sure Crescent just wanted to see a return on the investment they made on the land, the rezoning and the design/marketing. Financial companies want glass boxes with maximized square footage, and thats what you see reflected in the design.

Lets say your house was on the market for 4 years, you might just have to change the wild paint job and put in some grey/beige to get in a new clientele. 

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

It would look better if it was tall, it looks squat to me. Maybe is it was 450-500ft it would look better ??

Actually like the height, helps transition down to 277 and Southend. Once Legacy is built out completely and Duke Energy Center #2 is complete there literally won't be anywhere for uptown to spread toward the "South" (SSW) except accross 277. 

47 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

The "creation of time and the universe itself" as defined as August 28, 2017?  That is essentially like half a year ago.

Cadi.jpg.0789b0d64a17d6d7f5af664cac22c7ed.jpg

That day will live in infamy. 

@Cadi40, just out of curiosity, how old are you? 

On 4/4/2018 at 4:09 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Actually like the height, helps transition down to 277 and Southend. Once Legacy is built out completely and Duke Energy Center #2 is complete there literally won't be anywhere for uptown to spread toward the "South" (SSW) except accross 277. 

I’d love a canyon on 277 even if it weren’t one of major height. There are plenty  vacant lots right up against 277 on the South End side that could make this happen. A couple 20-some-odd-floor residential buildings there would be very attractive. With that portion of 277 being in depressed land, even a 15-story building would seem relatively imposing.

6 minutes ago, QClifer said:

But I thought you guys wanted to put a cap on 277??  Kidding

We want it all!!

34 minutes ago, Hunted said:

I’d love a canyon on 277 even if it weren’t one of major height. There are plenty  vacant lots right up against 277 on the South End side that could make this happen. A couple 20-some-odd-floor residential buildings there would be very attractive. With that portion of 277 being in depressed land, even a 15-story building would seem relatively imposing.

I've actually been curious about this as well Hunted.  Not just Cadi40's age, but maybe a little description of everyone on here.  I was actually thinking of creating a topic the other day for people to introduce themselves and tell a little bit about them.  Would be nice to get to know you guys a little better.  Would also be nice to have a meetup sometime.

Back to Tryon Place, I'm really getting impatient on this hotel.  When will we see an official rendering and when will we officially know the brand?!   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jtmonk said:

We want it all!!

I've actually been curious about this as well Hunted.  Not just Cadi40's age, but maybe a little description of everyone on here.  I was actually thinking of creating a topic the other day for people to introduce themselves and tell a little bit about them.  Would be nice to get to know you guys a little better.  Would also be nice to have a meetup sometime.

Back to Tryon Place, I'm really getting impatient on this hotel.  When will we see an official rendering and when will we officially know the brand?!   

I believe there was one of those threads years ago.

Cadi40 reminds me of myself, when I first started posting on here 15 years ago, when I was a teenager, and a skyscraper fan boy. So I can't give him too much crap :-).  Still very young, very full of hope and optimism, and not exactly an expert in the development world.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Hunted said:

I don’t feel comfortable sharing the exact age but I’d say I’m a generic millennial for sure.

• Like 1

I think I was 14 when I joined (my first account was banned by Monsoon). - I’m 26 now so I don’t feel too bad for being young anymore. y’all are getting to be old stud muffins. Or just old muffins. :P 

To get back on topic.... JW Marriott and an apple store would be epic. There :) 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

I don’t feel comfortable sharing the exact age but I’d say I’m a generic millennial for sure.

The eagerness is why I figured. Not a bad thing, like Ricky Davis Fan said. I just kind of figured you were young. I read all of your posts in a "Tiny Tim" voice. Dead serious.

• Haha 4