Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

9 hours ago, NcSc74 said:

To that parling lot behind Gantt your days are numbered, hopefully.

If I’m being a healthy balance between wishful and realistic:

I’d like to see two towers: DEC part 2 on the Tryon side, 550-650 ft. A hotel on the College side, 350-400ft.

That’d be very satisfying to me.

• Like 4

On 2/21/2007 at 9:31 AM, fortyniner said:

Any chance it could be the old Renaissance site, or even Hal Marshall Center? Maybe something like Charlotte's tallest could even spur Levine to get off his duff, if it was near his property, or even if he partnered with Trump on it. LOL.

This post was from 11 years ago...Trump is doing other things and Levine remains on his "duff".

• Haha 4

Heard some stats for the hotel 22 floors 280 feet, just under 400 rooms. Not bad, hope it somehow grows a little tho. As expected the base mostly occupied by retail (bars, restaurants)

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Wow it looks great. Everyone comments on Downtown Nashville construction, but this is really more impressive. 

Nashville's Skyline has lengthened, but It just can't compare to how Dense and tall Charlotte's Core has become. I don't even know what US city to compare Charlotte to. Nashville and Charlotte are killing it right now. 

• Like 2

I agree there are only a few cities that have downtown uptown construction like Charlotte Nashville would be one of them but Austin would be another.  Their skyline is expanding with condos, apartments, office towers and hotels where Nashville is mainly apartments and hotels.  

Charlotte's is much more office which in the long run is better because it means jobs which means apartments condos will be following.   Austin and Charlotte have the height too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

I don't even know what US city to compare Charlotte to. 

I’ve always thought Denver was a fair comparison as far as CBD size go. Charlotte has slightly more height and Denver has slightly more density/200-300footers, but they’re pretty comparable. CLT has more construction currently.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hunted said:

I’ve always thought Denver was a fair comparison as far as CBD size go. Charlotte has slightly more height and Denver has slightly more density/200-300footers, but they’re pretty comparable. CLT has more construction currently.

... and Denver has the drabbest skyline in the US.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yet go walk around and Denver feels like a proper city. Real retail (sorry, restaurants/bars really don’t count) and people on the street, all over the place. 

Hint 73, 000+ live in downtown Denver. 15,000+ live in uptown Charlotte. (Sloppy 2 seconds of googling, numbers from 2015 but I think the point stands)

The growth in Uptown is phenomenal and awesome  but there needs to be people actually living here. 

• Like 1

Still waiting to find out more about the hotel here.  RDF did state that he heard the hotel will be 22 floors and just shy of 400 rooms.  Still just speculation on the brand, anyone have any idea on what the design will look like?  Should be interesting with the cantilever design over the sidewalk along Stonewall.