Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

2 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

Still waiting to find out more about the hotel here.  RDF did state that he heard the hotel will be 22 floors and just shy of 400 rooms.  Still just speculation on the brand, anyone have any idea on what the design will look like?  Should be interesting with the cantilever design over the sidewalk along Stonewall. 

Look will be a lot like intercontinental.

39 minutes ago, sclark said:

I think RDF is saying that we can refer to the design of the Intercontinental when imagining the JW on this site. 

bingo. It'll be a glassy box, but a nice, almost 300ft tall glassy box with fairly interesting texture.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, rockhilljames said:

Yeah Austin is crazy right now. I came across this image the other day I was wondering if anyone I had done one for Charlotte, I'd love to see the difference.

austin.jpg

Love the color and design of these buildings. Wish we could see some more greens and glass in the skyline. Buildings look similar to SD in this picture. To keep it on topic, Tryon Place helps to keep with this theme.

6 minutes ago, Jasons0013 said:

In the comments on twitter he states it inside the loop of 277.

He said "I think they were referring to everything in the 277 loop"

Let's remember it is WSOC-TV... just a bit better than Charlotte Stories.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Uptown != Center City. Center City partners statistics cover south end and midtown, too, IIRC

The Twitter Post (just can't call them tweets) says the source is "city staff" not Center City Partners. There is a difference isn't there (I don't think CCCP is a city dept. is it?)?

7 minutes ago, jednc said:

The Twitter Post (just can't call them tweets) says the source is "city staff" not Center City Partners. There is a difference isn't there (I don't think CCCP is a city dept. is it?)?

The tag #CLTCC is not for CCCP, if you read his other posts, he intends it to stand for Charlotte City Council.

CCCP comes out with their annual report every April which contains residential numbers for the areas of their MSD. Their MSD covers inside 277, South End, Midtown, and West End. In last years report it listed residential population as 27,000. So 30,000 for this year is in line with what would be expected.

Edited by uptownliving

Anyway!! When can we anticipate this thing getting a crane and start going vertical?  I don't recall seeing any plans showing how far they plan to dig down but from my understanding it's not that substantial.  Any guesses when a crane will be on site?  I'll go ahead and place my bet for the end of July. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

Anyway!! When can we anticipate this thing getting a crane and start going vertical?  I don't recall seeing any plans showing how far they plan to dig down but from my understanding it's not that substantial.  Any guesses when a crane will be on site?  I'll go ahead and place my bet for the end of July. 

it just entered pre-review with the planning dept, using the specs I provided before.

Thanks,
Clayton

(edit–I've decided to leave the part at the end, to remind myself that I email too much at work)

Edited by Guest

Crescent  is being taken over by a huge Japanese developer and this is no late April fools joke.  I guess it would mean they would have a great equity partner for any project now and in the future.  Very interesting.   http://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article209961859.html

シャーロットへようこそ!

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

I think Crescent is top not. Novel Stonewall,   Atherton, NoDa, Ally Center. These projects are amazing for Charlotte. 

Other projects have given us mostly lobby’s. Only Catalyst has had some good activated floor space which spurred the parking garage across from it to add retail 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

I think Crescent is top not. Novel Stonewall,   Atherton, NoDa, Ally Center. These projects are amazing for Charlotte. 

Other projects have given us mostly lobby’s. Only Catalyst has had some good activated floor space which spurred the parking garage across from it to add retail 

I have no issue with what these projects bring to Charlotte. I disdain the packages in which Crescent brings these to life in. Uninspired, generic, boring, uniform, ugly etc...

It’s a travesty if you ask me. I will hold out judgment on Ally Center only because of external cross bracing of its skin and potential for ground floor. All the rest you mention I fully judge already as [emoji90]. Atherton is the worst offender in my opinion.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

6 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

I have no issue with what these projects bring to Charlotte. I disdain the packages in which Crescent brings these to life in. Uninspired, generic, boring, uniform, ugly etc...

It’s a travesty if you ask me. I will hold out judgment on Ally Center only because of external cross bracing of its skin and potential for ground floor. All the rest you mention I fully judge already as emoji90.png. Atherton is the worst offender in my opinion.

Agreed. They are delivering BIG all-at-once transformative projects with the shell of a 1990's interpretation of New Urbanism (back when cities were so routed the only urban projects had to be huge suburban-scale urban projects). A bit behind the times.  Still better than lobbies and resident gyms facing the street, don't get me wrong...

It will be interesting to see how they all age in the next couple decades.

• Like 2