Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

41 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

@Rickydavisfan21 I guess you got these from Accela?  Plans are finally approved and can download the attachments as of yesterday!  Doing that now, but my computer hates these PDF files.  So hard to scroll.

yes. Unfortunately no full elevations of the tower. I got advanced copies that has the grid all the way to Stonewall, but the approved stuff has the grid matching the previously released renderings, so who knows what it'll be. These documents only seem to be relating to street level elevations, and landscaping/hardscaping. 

When Tryon Place was 1st announced  "back in the day" it was described as transformational. So much in fact that just the announcement transformed Stonewall. Yet, its one of the last to be built on Stonewall. Idk, that thought just popped into my head.

Sorry if slightly off topic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

When Tryon Place was 1st announced  "back in the day" it was described as transformational. So much in fact that just the announcement transformed Stonewall. Yet, its one of the last to be built on Stonewall. Idk, that thought just popped into my head.
Sorry if slightly off topic.

Took the longest to come together. It definitely helped open up the street to development. I personally still think it’ll be hugely transformational. It’s going to have a ton of retail, 787k of office and 400 hotel rooms. Thats a ton of people on a lot that used to maybe have 6 employees and parking for a hundred or so workers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Took the longest to come together. It definitely helped open up the street to development. I personally still think it’ll be hugely transformational. It’s going to have a ton of retail, 787k of office and 400 hotel rooms. Thats a ton of people on a lot that used to maybe have 6 employees and parking for a hundred or so workers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, the plaza and landscaping look like they’ll be beautiful.

11 minutes ago, nativetenn said:

Beautiful! All this activity makes me want to re-route my trip from Knoxville to Charleston next month so that I can pass through Charlotte. I need to pay this city a visit. Maybe on the way back I'll head up from Columbia and explore the city for a few hours. If I cross through, I will come with pictures.

You can see a lot on just a few streets park for 2 hours free in the Stonewall Station Whole Foods (with purchase of course) then walk up and down Stonewall then up Tryon in our city's primary high rise corridor.  On Stonewall you will see this 26 story tower under construction, a 33 story tower a few floors from being topped out, plus high rise new apartment towers.  And then just snap away!  Then drive down South Tryon for some mid rise towers underway then cut over to South Blvd and head south and see new apartment complex after complex.   Have fun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Dueling cranes at Tryon Place site today.  Imagine what this tower will look like from 277 that is why I don't want a cap wider bridges yes but full on cap no.

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2151.JPG

IMG_2152.JPG

A cap is unlikely.  But imagine those same pictures from a beautiful green park connecting Uptown and Southend.

• Thanks 1