Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

• 3 weeks later...

Drove by today (sorry no pics, not good with the drive by pics like KJ lol), but this site just appears massive.  I think too bc they are digging down pretty substantially.  Going to be a very muddy mess this weekend, however.  But anyways, was reading over the press releases on White Lodges site and found this excerpt "The upscale hotel brand will be revealed in the coming months, and the property will be an exciting addition to Ally Charlotte Center and Charlotte’s hospitality industry." dated 1/24/2018.  It's almost Q4 and no announcement.  I don't want to just assume it's a JW Marriot, but from their portfolio, it appears to be the only Upscale brand that would make sense.  However, from their portfolio, the only JW's they've done are convention sized hotels (1k+ rooms) in Indianapolis and Austin.  Since this hotel is listed to be a 350 roomer, I don't know if that affects which brand they decide to go with.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Is there a way to “sticky” the renderings somewhere? I feel bad asking for them to be posted when I’m sure they are buried in the thread somewhere. 

When in doubt just google. "Ally Center Stonewall Crescent." The one online is fairly up to date.

Edited by Guest

I thought they were going to do the metal cladding all over? Regardless, I like the dark glass. I just hope that white stripe at the top is lighting, and not some permanent different color glass, or whatever. 

It’s definitely lighting can confirm that, they are excited about their lighting scheme.

The grid all over hasn’t been confirmed. It’s present in the latest approved elevations, but it’s not 100%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It’s definitely lighting can confirm that, they are excited about their lighting scheme.

The grid all over hasn’t been confirmed. It’s present in the latest approved elevations, but it’s not 100%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The grid definitely needs to happen like in the rendering at the top of the page.  It really adds another dimension to the building, and is different without being too outlandish.

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 3