Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

15 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

image.thumb.png.a8dba9304602409ff46c836824564cab.png

I'm hestitant to post this one, because I don't know that it accurately depicts the deck screening but this is my favorite angle. Been  sitting on these a while so had a lot of opportunity to stare at it.

It does not accurately reflect the deck. HKS did these for the hotel they have nothing to do with the deck so it’s just placeholder 

Just now, Jayvee said:

It does not accurately reflect the deck. HKS did these for the hotel they have nothing to do with the deck so it’s just placeholder 

Yep. Exactly why hesitant, I know people like to judge crap they shouldn't be judgin.

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm hestitant to post this one, because I don't know that it accurately depicts the deck screening but this is my favorite angle. Been  sitting on these a while so had a lot of opportunity to stare at it.

Hahaha.  I love how silly the pyramid on BOAT looks in this rendering.  Obviously, that silhouette is just a placeholder of sorts, but still pretty funny.  Also, I can't wait to see how DEC2 fits into the right of this picture.  It is really incredible (unprecedented outside of NYC?) how much these blocks have changed in a few years' time.  Love it.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, saamh said:

Love the look of this building... can’t wait to see a zoomed out rendering with the hotel and tryon place fully visible... for some reason I’m having a hard time visualizing the placement of the hotel and how it will fit overall in the site

The glass cube looks like an Apple store.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I thought that they were trying to replicate the stores on Fifth Ave and on Broadway.

With all of this great news, an announcement about the Duke tower would be extraordinary.

That store is like MASSIVE and all under ground, you would have seen them digging under Tryon if that were the case.

20 minutes ago, papadog said:

is there a height released yet?  guessing 375'? slightly shorter than Ally?

no way jose. Hotels aren't that tall. 17 floors at 11 floors per. + 4 floors at 20 per. Thats 267'. Plus a bit of decoration on top, I got this at 299' 

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

image.thumb.png.e4998e3b678180bfc6b8ab1823250251.png

image.thumb.png.4fc0e873674afc7c28d36af9cae96a5f.pngHere's more high res versions

Can someone help me understand why this building is so amazing? The tower looks an awful lot like 1BAC, which is to say a slightly above average compared to typical modernist blandness. The base is just a small glass box.  The height is nice in that part of town, and having a plaza there will be nice if they get the design right (but that's old news). I sincerely hope its more than the impossible lighting scenario that the rendering depicts.

7 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Can someone help me understand why this building is so amazing? The tower looks an awful lot like 1BAC, which is to say a slightly above average compared to typical modernist blandness. The base is just a small glass box.  The height is nice in that part of town, and having a plaza there will be nice if they get the design right (but that's old news). I sincerely hope its more than the impossible lighting scenario that the rendering depicts.

you quoted the least interesting side tho.

image.thumb.png.683cb8c14f7f46c0ad3040280b8ac265.png

image.thumb.png.50d97cec66b0259887cfef220c8ade9a.png

That one side is the only glass side. See the sides. Its stone and glass. Theres great texture.  Can't imagine NOT liking it haha.

image.thumb.png.f7cd88c361baf162fc6210ef1d6ccab6.png

Edited by Guest

I doubt that's stone.   I assume that it's glass with a whitish border.   Several buildings in NY, including the W near Wall Street, have that.

There’s clearly stone. On all the facades that aren’t the curtain wall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Urbs42 said:

Any shot this will be ready for the 2020 convention? 

Its a stretch. Might be doable tho. Surprised nobody has reported on that. I'll see if I can get an answer.

EDIT: Damn what did I even ask someone without thinking. it opens in 2021 so no.

image.png

Edited by Guest