Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

2 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

^^ Would be nice if it had a webcam. I have looked the internet over and can't find one.

I figured a high profile project like this would have a webcam.

I guess they don't want everyone staring at their erection.....of a building

• Haha 2

^^ Would be nice if it had a webcam. I have looked the internet over and can't find one.
I figured a high profile project like this would have a webcam.

They have one. It’s just not public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, navigator319 said:

So no concrete core on this, huh? Looks like just extra braced center steel core. Didn’t know that was a thing.

Anyone know how/why decisions like that are come to? Just looking at this one compared to Legacy 1 and then to Bearings. All three are different yet tall modern buildings.

Office buildings in NY have only a steel frame, whereas residential towers are built with concrete.  Anyway, this is rising quickly and will be a great addition to the Queen's royal court.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I spy a pad for a JW Marriott hotel along S College St  Photos from my perch today. Charlotte Rising. 

IMG_6432.JPG

IMG_6433.JPG

IMG_6435.JPG

thats not where its going, its going along stonewall. 

6 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Curious - Anyone know if these two Tryon Place Cranes are set at the full height of the building under construction or will be Need to be raised higher?  Just seems a little short to me??

I believe this towers is supposed to be close to 400 feet so they are about half the height of the tower.