Bled_man

Tryon Place - Crescent project at Tryon and Stonewall

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

I do agree the gravity of the center of uptown has shifted south.  This corner with Legacy, Ally at TP, Duke Energy Center and the new Duke tower saddled up next to the Harvey B Gantt center this is the new heart or at least of equal stature of the square (Tryon and Trade).    And it is okay for cities to have 2 major focal points or more.  

And this isn't even bringing into the equation whats gonna start happening in South End with 15-30 floorers.

The cap of 277 is going to become more and more feasible....

• Like 1

If those trees make it I will be pleasantly surprised. Note my recent post about landscapers in residential work are last on the site and home owner has blown budget thus nothing left.

I hate that this went from a skyline altering project to solid infill. I wish I had never seen the original design. That being said, I do love this project as a whole and have my hopes and expectations set fairly high for the finished product (I know that's just asking for disappointment).

Does anyone have any leads on potential retail tenants?

• Like 2

I hate that this went from a skyline altering project to solid infill. I wish I had never seen the original design. That being said, I do love this project as a whole and have my hopes and expectations set fairly high for the finished product (I know that's just asking for disappointment).

I’d imagine we don’t hear about any retail tenants for at least a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick2 said:

Yeah the downsizing is a bit disapointing, but it still a sizeable and good looking building. It is also diminished slightly bc of all the height that has popped up in that area and will continue to pop up in coming years. 

• Like 3

Thoughts on the modular approach for the deck versus poured concrete like LU has done and as was done in the buried 300 S Tryon?

Is this economics or structural when they go one approach or the other anyone know?

3 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Thoughts on the modular approach for the deck versus poured concrete like LU has done and as was done in the buried 300 S Tryon?

Is this economics or structural when they go one approach or the other anyone know?

300 South was supporting a whole building, this will be attached to vs. built on top of.

LU is 3 times larger than this one, so don't think you could do the modular, its like 12+ floors tall!

Also just might be a preference for Crescent. With exception of Stonewall Station, which is again supporting a whole building, all of their other decks recently built have been modular. (Novel Atherton, Novel NoDa) I'll ask though.

• Like 1

Pre-cast is cheaper. You only do cast in place if you need to for structural reasons which I suspect LU had to do because it is so massive. If you are building on top of the deck, almost always easiest to do pour in place.  Ally probably does not need as big of a deck so they are saving money by doing pre-cast.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

300 South was supporting a whole building, this will be attached to vs. built on top of.

LU is 3 times larger than this one, so don't think you could do the modular, its like 12+ floors tall!

Also just might be a preference for Crescent. With exception of Stonewall Station, which is again supporting a whole building, all of their other decks recently built have been modular. (Novel Atherton, Novel NoDa) I'll ask though.

17 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

Pre-cast is cheaper. You only do cast in place if you need to for structural reasons which I suspect LU had to do because it is so massive. If you are building on top of the deck, almost always easiest to do pour in place.  Ally probably does not need as big of a deck so they are saving money by doing pre-cast.

Thanks guys.  Was wondering for the longest time why they were waiting on starting the deck as pouring the decks takes so long.  Modular like this just flies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

Thanks guys.  Was wondering for the longest time why they were waiting on starting the deck as pouring the decks takes so long.  Modular like this just flies.

I wonder what the failure rate is of pre-cast vs poured on-site decks is. This makes me think of the closed (for 2 years) deck at CPCC that was pre-cast. 

30 minutes ago, sakami said:

I wonder what the failure rate is of pre-cast vs poured on-site decks is. This makes me think of the closed (for 2 years) deck at CPCC that was pre-cast. 

and the one that collapsed at SouthPark

Looks like some additional crane sections laying there, so guessing the north tower crane is about to be raised.

• Like 1