Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

20 hours ago, norm21499 said:

I saw  the Courthouse Thread was updated and checked it only to see the "bump" post. I was highly disappointed. As annoying as that is. I would let the key holders do their work. A little less attitude can definitely go a long way.

Bam! You hit the mail on the head NikolaTesla. BTW I LOVE your username haha. We want to attract more posters to our community, and any perceived slight can run people off of this site or make them think twice about being a participant.

Hah remember when you had to worry about crap like this??? I wonder what I did to Monsoon to give him so much problems. Bahaha

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 4.00.57 PM.png

Tryon Place should only be a few weeks from a big announcement, per a close source. They will not however confirm whether the announcement includes an office tenant. It will however include retail commitments. 

Edited by Guest

On 8/29/2016 at 6:21 PM, Jayvee said:

Probably yes. But that poster does that ALL the time

And you did much of the same when you first started posting on these forums. But I guess I'm speaking out of line since you're a full fledged development expert now.

22 hours ago, Jayvee said:

but that particular person does that ALL the time and it just rubbed me the wrong way

And you near constant condescending tone in your posts are rubbing many of us the wrong way.

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Hah remember when you had to worry about crap like this??? I wonder what I did to Monsoon to give him so much problems. Bahaha

Tryon Place should only be a few weeks from a big announcement, per a close source. They will not however confirm whether the announcement includes an office tenant. It will however include retail commitments. 

I am excited to see what the retail tenants will be. Will probably be things that I can't afford haha

Was reviewing the web site of Tryon Place last night, refreshing my memory on the building and plan.  All the talk on the Observer building being 600ft+, but isn't this one also 600ft+?  Web site has a 41/42 floor building.  That also comes out to 600ft+

Reviewing the site plan bought back my initial reaction of the massive parking garage :(  All the street frontage of it is dead.  Sure the internal sides of it are appropriately done, but why do we get more blank streets!  Any chances since this is 2+ years old now this is now different?

26 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Was reviewing the web site of Tryon Place last night, refreshing my memory on the building and plan.  All the talk on the Observer building being 600ft+, but isn't this one also 600ft+?  Web site has a 41/42 floor building.  That also comes out to 600ft+

Reviewing the site plan bought back my initial reaction of the massive parking garage :(  All the street frontage of it is dead.  Sure the internal sides of it are appropriately done, but why do we get more blank streets!  Any chances since this is 2+ years old now this is now different?

To be fair, that section of College is always going to be a dead zone....no matter what, or at least as long as 277 exists without a cap. As far as the height, this building has gone through numerous height changes and the plans arent final yet, so to your question....we dont know how tall it is officially. 

Whatever happened to him? Do ya'll know him outside this board? I think he was also metroboy or something too. Where is he now? I know I could not stand him. lol

18 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

4 minutes ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

Whatever happened to him? Do ya'll know him outside this board? I think he was also metroboy or something too. Where is he now? I know I could not stand him. lol

I think he's the one Charlotte based Moderator I've never met, and I'm very okay with that.

57 minutes ago, GeauxCLT said:

A coworker who parks on a surface lot at this site got a notice that the monthly parking will not be renewed and the lot will no longer be open for parking after September. 

image.jpeg

demo permits for Goodyear should be issued this month.

40 minutes ago, Crown said:

My understanding is that the food truck will be setting up in the parking lot, which won't be affected by any demo of goodyear. 

Everyone needs to keep in mind that the truck will probably be parked as close to Stonewall and Tryon as possible. This part of Tryon Place will be a large Plaza. No construction will need to occur there until the middle of 2018.

1 minute ago, JerseyBoy said:

Count the floors in the renderings Crescent has published on the Tryon Place website. I counted ~35 floors.

Yeah their website lists 40 floors, but it was just representative of what is possible, not of what is actually happening. The observer article goes on to say 700k SF, yet the floor plates are 32k. The numbers don't add up at all.

Bottom line is: there is no confirmed height on Tryon Place