Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

3 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Yeah their website lists 40 floors, but it was just representative of what is possible, not of what is actually happening. The observer article goes on to say 700k SF, yet the floor plates are 32k. The numbers don't add up at all.

Bottom line is: there is no confirmed height on Tryon Place

My contact is still saying 36 floors. Jayvee's, who is higher up than mine, says otherwise, lol.

Thats great about the Goodyear building but what about the Diehl law office on the corner of Stonewall and College?  That is where the hotel and parking deck was going last time I looked. Does that mean it will be built later or what?  Given that Lincoln Harris is full steam ahead on their project is this posturing on Crescent's side or do they have the anchor they need?  Many times first out of the gate wins the prize so to speak unless both have anchors which I wish they do. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Thats great about the Goodyear building but what about the Diehl law office on the corner of Stonewall and College?  That is where the hotel and parking deck was going last time I looked. Does that mean it will be built later or what?  Given that Lincoln Harris is full steam ahead on their project is this posturing on Crescent's side or do they have the anchor they need?  Many times first out of the gate wins the prize so to speak unless both have anchors which I wish they do. 

I received a message just yesterday that the building is under contract to be purchased.  The last time this parcel was under contract was with Trump, who tried to renegotiate said contract, at which the owners of the building balked and Trump had to pay to break the contract completely.

• Like 1

Thats a great post @Spartan I was basically silent from 2008 until this past month because of metroboi's actions as a moderator. I don't miss him (sorry not sorry), but generally this forum is very positive about the city we all care about and thats why I've been lurking for years. On topic to this thread, the Tryon Place project might be the most uncertain left from that era of developments. It remarkable what has been accomplished since then. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have movement on Tryon Place with the planning dept. Utility relocation plans being filed, also a RTAP to the Commercial Plan. First time there has been in any movement since June, 2015

Edited by Guest

On 07/10/2016 at 9:46 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

We have movement on Tryon Place with the planning dept. Utility relocation plans being filed, also a RTAP to the Commercial Plan. First time there has been in any movement since June, 2015

Can I ask what this actually means? Whats a RTAP? I tried googling it and no luck really.

Wow is it possible they might have an anchor tenant like the ones Bank of America is pushing out of the corporate center maybe Moore Van Allen law firm?  Law firms love higher floors which makes this building or the 615 South College buildings good options. Very exciting. 

• Like 3