Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

1 hour ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

That's prob just temporary wood framing for their people mover elevator thing (I know real technical terms lol).  It will be removed when everything is finished.  Cool pic of the materials though...another crown lit from within it looks like...these could have some cool led effects.

Indeed, as I walked by just now, the mystery is solved.  It’s for the hoist.  You can see that I’m not a skyscraper construction expert!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Yeah, I always thought that was glass though, or similar to what 615 S College looks like.  Right now, in person, it just looks unfinished.

I looked at 615 Regions and Tryon Place and the glass looks very similar to me but of course with the style of the buildings being so different they look good together.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NikolaTesla said:

KJ,  i usually disagree with your opinion on what looks good architecturally when i read it on the forum lol, but just want to say i appreciate you always taking the time out of your day to grab progress pics fo the projects for the forums.  Thanks .  This building is going to turn out very nice. 

Trying to get excited about this, but what is it that has everyone so high on its looks?  I think it's okay, but I see it just blending in amongst the other buildings nearby.  Just curious, what am I missing?

Edited by skymiler
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, skymiler said:

Trying to get excited about this, but what is it that has everyone so high on its looks?  I think it's okay, but I see it just blending in amongst the other buildings nearby.  Just curious, what am I missing?

Idk about the others on here, but after finally seeing the first piece of glass being installed, i am liking the shade, it's a bit different than the common shades of blue we usually see in Uptown.  Second, i really like how it contrasts with the grid pattern, i think it will be refreshing to have the exposed pattern and not a complete glass curtain.  Finally, i think the smoked panel looking top will be very solid, especially when illuminated at night..  just my take.  

Also, the contrast this building will provide to the bland and different era architecture of Legacy Union will be refreshing.   I actually think it's going to be the one that stands out amongst the buildings for the foreseeable future.  We will see once Legacy Union area gets built out how it changes. 

Edited by NikolaTesla
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, skymiler said:

The shape doesn’t stand out but the fact that this building has those grid like exterior is different for uptown. It’s not just a flat glass box.

• Like 2