Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

23 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

^ Never have I been happier to be wrong ... though with ~10 more floors to go I might wait to concede just yet :) 

well if you count the floors to where you put the yellow line, you marked it at 21. He did up to 26. Which this will be 26 plus the hat on top. In reality this shouldn't be much shorter than the square piece on Legacy Union, so its possible he (or she, girls can be cowboys too) made it too short.

Edited by Guest

Ok not that any of this matters but Cowboy’s representation is based on a photoshop. If you look at the actual photo, it looks to be on floor 16. If you measure the distance from floor 6 to floor 16 and then add that on top, it’s **approximately** where the red line.

BTW, I’m doing all this on my phone, measuring with my fingers so I could definitely be off! 

158CAB54-BDEE-4797-9401-1C2027099769.jpeg

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Ok not that any of this matters but Cowboy’s representation is based on a photoshop. If you look at the actual photo, it looks to be on floor 16. If you measure the distance from floor 6 to floor 16 and then add that on top, it’s **approximately** where the red line.

BTW, I’m doing all this on my phone, measuring with my fingers so I could definitely be off! 

158CAB54-BDEE-4797-9401-1C2027099769.jpeg

Okay. So, now you have got me getting scientific here. The base of the square of Legacy Union, I've confirmed from the designs of the building is 400 feet from Tryon Street, the base elevation of the building.  The next floor down is 382, so then 4 feet below that would be 378. Ally Center's height. 

One big thing to point out, it'll actually be taller than what I'm showing here, because Legacy Union is set quite a bit off the street and ally center is considerably closer to the camera.

I've been drawing skyscraper diagrams for this website since 2003, I know 3 point perspective like its my job

image.thumb.png.46d09a3387181ef0a82c7fe6d1ce4b49.png

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Street level impacts. Ally and LU2 Bringing the skyline all the way to 277. 

I wonder how all this construction will impact festivals like Speedstreet, Pride, etc. 

Museum Tower was a giant PITA for festivals because it blocked off Levine Ave. Tryon Place is outside of most festival footprints. Otherwise most of these towers just impact the immediate sidewalk (for example, 300 S Tryon didn't cause any disruptions). 

53 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

When do you think that LU2 will top out?

I'd say October 2019, pretty sure its poured concrete the whole way up.

Edited by Guest