Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

35 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

all around and above Tryon Place today.  I love the look of this building but not too happy with the garage facing S College with no ground floor retail or anything.  They need to plant fast growing Italian cypress trees to block this view as S College is a major gateway street into uptown.   Though the Legacy is much bigger it at least has street level retail and some brick.  Unless I am missing something my 5th photo pretty much shows the completed look of the garage.  If I am wrong let me know.  Overall this is a great project but this deck does not contribute to its greatness. 

Love the idea of italian cypress. They aren't utilized enough in Charlotte and can be very cool when they grow really tall. There is a few very old ones in midtown Atlanta along the downtown connector and look like trees fromn Southern California.

• Like 1

This is a good photo to show 21st century communications (wireless) and 19th century communication (wired). Perhaps that is the answer in the future to this bane of our life.

1 hour ago, CTiger said:

I'm excited for the impact this building will have on the skyline from Southend.

Tryon.jpg

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

walk bys this morning so much construction on these blocks on Stonewall.   I did a quick count looks like '17th floor so about 9 more!   Notice how I Legacy looks in the background I think it complements this SoCal international style. 

It actually is at 20 floors currently, so 6 more to go.

Is this still accurate?:

786567666_allycentersitepla.thumb.png.150a54a114a0b0087c2606af9802deb6.png

I knew this project had a lot of retail space.  Just a random thought, but I think this project will have more attractive retail than LU site (currently).  I think that plaza sandwiched between Ally and JW could be something very special and have a great energy/vibe.  I wish this location could get some tenants like what's going in at Atherton Mill (like Sephora).  Would love a Zara and Apple store facing the plaza but Z's avg 12k sqft and much greater.  With all those new office/residential towers and a 5 star JW, those high-end stores should be sustainable on Stonewall. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Is this still accurate?:

786567666_allycentersitepla.thumb.png.150a54a114a0b0087c2606af9802deb6.png

I knew this project had a lot of retail space.  Just a random thought, but I think this project will have more attractive retail than LU site (currently).  I think that plaza sandwiched between Ally and JW could be something very special and have a great energy/vibe.  I wish this location could get some tenants like what's going in at Atherton Mill (like Sephora).  Would love a Zara and Apple store facing the plaza but Z's avg 12k sqft and much greater.  With all those new office/residential towers and a 5 star JW, those high-end stores should be sustainable on Stonewall. 

Its accurate, minus there being retail under the hotel as well.

7 minutes ago, papadog said:

wish the alley could be done like the Milk Market in Denver

They want that alley to be very cool, very memorable, and Milk Market is one of the inspirations. They early on talked about a beer garden on the bottom floor of the parking deck facing into the alley. pretty sure it was scrapped though. 

image.thumb.png.4c6c6b45b7fe6039e7e946d2fb595623.png

'This is most up to date site plan.

Edited by Guest

On 5/13/2019 at 2:09 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They want that alley to be very cool, very memorable, and Milk Market is one of the inspirations. They early on talked about a beer garden on the bottom floor of the parking deck facing into the alley. pretty sure it was scrapped though. 

image.thumb.png.4c6c6b45b7fe6039e7e946d2fb595623.png

'This is most up to date site plan.

How exactly are they getting service trucks into the deck?  Do they go underground?  Does Hill Street drop that much?  Scratching my head.