Bled_man

Tryon Place - Crescent project at Tryon and Stonewall

This is a good photo to show 21st century communications (wireless) and 19th century communication (wired). Perhaps that is the answer in the future to this bane of our life.

1 hour ago, CTiger said:

I'm excited for the impact this building will have on the skyline from Southend.

Tryon.jpg

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I like this building more and more.  Can’t wait to. See how the hotel looks, this block looks promising.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

walk bys this morning so much construction on these blocks on Stonewall.   I did a quick count looks like '17th floor so about 9 more!   Notice how I Legacy looks in the background I think it complements this SoCal international style. 

It actually is at 20 floors currently, so 6 more to go.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It actually is at 20 floors currently, so 6 more to go.

Yes I see that now from my photos I was counting while on the move LOL.   I rarely stop and take a photo I point and shoot and move on. 

• Like 1

Is this still accurate?:

786567666_allycentersitepla.thumb.png.150a54a114a0b0087c2606af9802deb6.png

I knew this project had a lot of retail space.  Just a random thought, but I think this project will have more attractive retail than LU site (currently).  I think that plaza sandwiched between Ally and JW could be something very special and have a great energy/vibe.  I wish this location could get some tenants like what's going in at Atherton Mill (like Sephora).  Would love a Zara and Apple store facing the plaza but Z's avg 12k sqft and much greater.  With all those new office/residential towers and a 5 star JW, those high-end stores should be sustainable on Stonewall. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 4

On 5/13/2019 at 2:09 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They want that alley to be very cool, very memorable, and Milk Market is one of the inspirations. They early on talked about a beer garden on the bottom floor of the parking deck facing into the alley. pretty sure it was scrapped though. 

image.thumb.png.4c6c6b45b7fe6039e7e946d2fb595623.png

'This is most up to date site plan.

How exactly are they getting service trucks into the deck?  Do they go underground?  Does Hill Street drop that much?  Scratching my head.

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

May I present the ACC  Ally Charlotte Center and its new website  ( I still like the Tryon Place name but I do get it)

https://www.allycharlottecenter.com/

76% preleased and most of the renderings we have all seen before but here they are in one place.

They do mention a place called Legacy across the street now LOL

Who writes this stuff?!

Ally Charlotte Center brings a new type of workplace to Uptown, designed to inspire world-class talent with a focus on connectivity, wellness, and creativity.

I’d say wework is a new type of workplace, not I work on the 13th floor of the Ally building.

‘Our mixed-use walkable community...’ 

Isn’t all of uptown walkable? Don’t we want people to venture  away from ‘their blocks’?

Nothing picture worthy, but some modest work has begun on the hotel site. There's been people there everyday for the last week or so, with some machinery down in the hole moving some dirt around. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 49er said:

76% leased? Should have built an additional 10 floors! 

I floated that idea to Crescent. They said its exponentially more, so you'd need to go like 18 more floors to make it cost effective. 

• Like 2