Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

I have a hunch SOM is on the list.

damn, your good. i have known about this project for awhile... and have watched you put the pieces together like a champ. @ this point everything i've heard has been posted. except that 2 of the 3 prototypes show charlotte as hosting the 2nd tallest on the east coast. the main tower will have tall ceiling heights on all floors. obviously all of this is still in it's infancy but with some merit. i haven't heard anything about a major HQ relocation... but, with the way altrvr is rolling the dice it would not suprise me.

damn, your good. i have known about this project for awhile... and have watched you put the pieces together like a champ. @ this point everything i've heard has been posted. except that 2 of the 3 prototypes show charlotte as hosting the 2nd tallest on the east coast. the main tower will have tall ceiling heights on all floors. obviously all of this is still in it's infancy but with some merit. i haven't heard anything about a major HQ relocation... but, with the way altrvr is rolling the dice it would not suprise me.

Tallest on the east coast is Empire State Building, right? So this tower could potentially be in the 1,100-1,250 foot range. Hopefully it will beat out Nashville's Sig Tower. :)

Since the Charlotte O kind of jumped the article out there, I'm betting they caught wind of the fact that the Biz Journal's planning one.

Can't wait to see how this project plays out. We're a LONG way from anything being final, but it's fun to speculate. Like atlrvr, I'm wondering if there's more to this than just a tower project. Is Deutsche Bank still looking around for a NA HQ?

Haha...thanks. I've really just been using logic as opposed to emotion on most of my assumptions. I've had a couple of nudges along the way, but I just guessed SOM because the seem to fit this project for a variety of reasons. The corporate relocation theory is out there just because this whole project baffles me without it. Getting a Trump emblazoned building makes sense, but the scale of this project, and the fact that he is looking to be the front man on a lot of office space gives me the feeling that I can't see the forest for the trees. I'm still trying to put my finger on it.

As far as Little and LS3P, I was just playing around, but now that you confirm them Bled Man, I suppose they would have to have a local firm to manage the project, get approvals, etc. I doubt they would be reponsible for the overall design concept though.

Since the Charlotte O kind of jumped the article out there, I'm betting they caught wind of the fact that the Biz Journal's planning one.

Can't wait to see how this project plays out. We're a LONG way from anything being final, but it's fun to speculate. Like atlrvr, I'm wondering if there's more to this than just a tower project. Is Deutsche Bank still looking around for a NA HQ?

I believe DB moved their US HQ to Wall St. in a building they bought after 9/11. (They were shopping space in Charlotte for a business line though). They now have put their HQ building up for sale, but are expected to lease it back. I believe they are committed to maintaining their HQ and all their employees in downtown Manhattan to continue to be eligible for the big tax break they got after moving downtown. Still, one of DB's business units being moved to Charlotte wouldn't surprise me.

Haha...thanks. I've really just been using logic as opposed to emotion on most of my assumptions. I've had a couple of nudges along the way, but I just guessed SOM because the seem to fit this project for a variety of reasons. The corporate relocation theory is out there just because this whole project baffles me without it. Getting a Trump emblazoned building makes sense, but the scale of this project, and the fact that he is looking to be the front man on a lot of office space gives me the feeling that I can't see the forest for the trees. I'm still trying to put my finger on it.

As far as Little and LS3P, I was just playing around, but now that you confirm them Bled Man, I suppose they would have to have a local firm to manage the project, get approvals, etc. I doubt they would be reponsible for the overall design concept though.

i had heard som a while back... not sure if it's still the case now. i know the field has been narrowed down since i first heard... but, a couple of local firms should still be vying. if thats the case i think it's very cool that a project of this magnitude would consider a local firm.

* as for 2nd tallest... i really wouldn't get my hopes hung on that. realistically i'm thinking BofA-ish... but, this IS trump we're talking about.

Little, LS3P, and Odell....just kidding :P

I have a hunch SOM is on the list.

Edit. Who do you think is on the list tunedmassdamper? -_- (nice name BTW)

Thanks for the kudos - I like steel, concrete, cables, wind and just overall eb and flow!

If I had to guess.... :whistling:

SRSS

LS3P

LITTLE

DUDA PAINE

I know I am late here, but those would be my guesses.

I think they are just the seller. I can't imagine that they would want to be involved in this, unless the office component is for them, but as I understand it, that isn't part of Duke's plan.

The retail piece of this is pretty intruiging as well. If this is a Trump IH&T then I can't imagine mid-range retailers locating there. Have any announcements been made for retail tenants at Chicago, Toronto or New Orleans?

It's hard to say whether retail will accompany the Charlotte project and if it does, to what extent. After a little research, the Chicago tower will have retail with it, but as far as tenants go I am clueless. The Toronto tower doesn't have any retail from what I've gathered, but it is connected to the Toronto Path. The Path is an underground network of retail beneath Toronto that spans some 16 miles and has over 1.2 million sq.ft. of retail space. And as far as the New Orleans tower I haven't seen anything one way or the other on retail.

Also, if anyone has time check out some of the Trump websites:

www.trumpchicago.com

www.trumptoronto.ca

They have some good virtual tours of the buildings.

Tiblerbrit - I was wondering the same thing. I would think not normally, unless there were specific issues involved. I agree with rockhilljames. I think this project is beyond the explorartory stages, and into, "what will it take to get this built" stage for all parties involved. I don't expect Trump to ask for city money though, unless there is large-scale economic development involved, or perhaps Trump wants 277 capped :)

Voyager - No, but if this makes Charlotte becomes more known in the international community, and attracts additional residents and visitors, then it is certainly progessing in that regard. As far as building designs, I wouldn't mind flashy, but there is a fine line between flashy and gaudy.

I'd heard a rumor that when BoA built here, the city entered into an agreement with them that they (the city) would not allow a taller building to be built for a certain number of years (until 2020, possibly). Anyone else heard this? Supposedly, this was the explanation for the "difficulties" people were encountering with Trump's plans. He wants to build the biggest and was being told he couldn't. Again, all heresay, although not totally out of reason.

Still not sure how to feel about possibility of a tower taller than BoA being built--since BoA has become such an iconic landmark. Not saying taller building(s) would take away from that (i.e. Empire State vs WTC), but to have the tallest building in the city be a "Trump Tower" seems a bit un-original. But to have bragging rights over ATL--and possibly Nashville, if that tower gets built--would be nice.

Either way, let's hope he'd put an observation deck on the top of it!!!

I'd heard a rumor that when BoA built here, the city entered into an agreement with them that they (the city) would not allow a taller building to be built for a certain number of years (until 2020, possibly). Anyone else heard this? Supposedly, this was the explanation for the "difficulties" people were encountering with Trump's plans. He wants to build the biggest and was being told he couldn't. Again, all heresay, although not totally out of reason.

Still not sure how to feel about possibility of a tower taller than BoA being built--since BoA has become such an iconic landmark. Not saying taller building(s) would take away from that (i.e. Empire State vs WTC), but to have the tallest building in the city be a "Trump Tower" seems a bit un-original. But to have bragging rights over ATL--and possibly Nashville, if that tower gets built--would be nice.

Either way, let's hope he'd put an observation deck on the top of it!!!

I think the Crutchfield - McColl war has ended and everyone is working in harmony for the betterment of uptown (or at least I hope so). I can't imagine something like this holding up progress. I will do some research and find out of it is true.