Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blazer85

Chinese Garden & Asian Cultural Center

12 posts in this topic

I didnt even know about this until just today... apparently there's an organization trying to fund and develop a Chinese Garden and Asian Cultural Center somewhere along Greensprings Hwy and near the Glen Iris neighborhood. Personally, I think it's a very good idea. Between this and the other proposed "Asian Plaza" along Greensprings Hwy, we very well may have the beginnings of our very own China Town.

If you want to read more about the proposed Chinese Garden & Asian Cultural Center, you can go to their website here: http://www.bhmasianfound.org/index.htm

Great find. Thanks for posting Blazer. Something like this would be a welcomed addition in Birmingham and, in my opinion, it's greatly needed. How did you happen to find this?

Great find. Thanks for posting Blazer. Something like this would be a welcomed addition in Birmingham and, in my opinion, it's greatly needed. How did you happen to find this?

That's great to know there is a possibility of an Asian District to develop in Birmingham.

I didnt even know about this until just today... apparently there's an organization trying to fund and develop a Chinese Garden and Asian Cultural Center somewhere along Greensprings Hwy and near the Glen Iris neighborhood. Personally, I think it's a very good idea. Between this and the other proposed "Asian Plaza" along Greensprings Hwy, we very well may have the beginnings of our very own China Town.

If you want to read more about the proposed Chinese Garden & Asian Cultural Center, you can go to their website here: http://www.bhmasianfound.org/index.htm

This would be great for Birmingham. The Asian District in Oklahoma City adds a lot to that city, and this looks to have similar potential.

Anyone willing to commit any funds should contact this organization through their website.

Around October 27th of this upcoming year, they're planning a big fundraising event, so keep an eye out for it, and support it if you get a chance.

Again... this doesn't matter if you're Asian or not. These type of developments can really change a city and boost the overall appeal to immigrants as well as foreign companies maybe looking to locate here. There are alot of spin-off benefits that could come as a result of this, so I encourage everyone to support this whether it be with your wallet or simply by word of mouth.

Anyone willing to commit any funds should contact this organization through their website.

Around October 27th of this upcoming year, they're planning a big fundraising event, so keep an eye out for it, and support it if you get a chance.

Again... this doesn't matter if you're Asian or not. These type of developments can really change a city and boost the overall appeal to immigrants as well as foreign companies maybe looking to locate here. There are alot of spin-off benefits that could come as a result of this, so I encourage everyone to support this whether it be with your wallet or simply by word of mouth.

Is there any news on the proposed International Plaza on Greensprings? I noticed today that a newer sign has been placed on the sight. Are there any plans as to when construction is supposed to start?

Not to my knowledge, but I have noticed that initial grading of the site on the parcel has already begun.

I don't have any specific information other than the project has been strongly embraced by a number of groups involved. So I would think that barring any unforeseen obstacles that this project will move forward.

I don't have any specific information other than the project has been strongly embraced by a number of groups involved. So I would think that barring any unforeseen obstacles that this project will move forward.