Retail/Restaurant Wish List

3rdGenHuntsvillian

I have found it interesting that lately Huntsville has been gaining some of the same retailers that are opening location(s) in Greater Birmingham. Huntsville is on the rise, for sure. Now if you guys could gain the a substantial boost to your regional population then you would be on to something. :lol:

:offtopic: I didn't even believe that I would see in my lifetime another large metropolitan form in Alabama other than Birmingham, but Huntsville-Decatur seem to be doing that. Hopefully, one day the combination of Greater Birmingham and Huntsville-Decatur will do for Alabama what Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham has done for North Carolina. That is make the state more progressive and moderate, and become an economic force to be reckon with.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have found it interesting that lately Huntsville has been gaining some of the same retailers that are opening location(s) in Greater Birmingham. Huntsville is on the rise, for sure. Now if you guys could gain the a substantial boost to your regional population then you would be on to something. :lol:

:offtopic: I didn't even believe that I would see in my lifetime another large metropolitan form in Alabama other than Birmingham, but Huntsville-Decatur seem to be doing that. Hopefully, one day the combination of Greater Birmingham and Huntsville-Decatur will do for Alabama what Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham has done for North Carolina. That is make the state more progressive and moderate, and become an economic force to be reckon with.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

It seems like a Zoes Kitchen would do well in Huntsville/Madison. Does anybody know why we don't have one yet?

These are thier preferred real estate numbers from thier website:

• Well located in dense, affluent markets

• Average HH Income $100,000 + in a 1 mile radius

• Population of 10,000+ in a 1 mile radius

• Population of 40,000+ in a 3 mile radius

• End-cap with patio seating

• Ease of access for customers

• Minimum of 25 feet of liner frontage

• Parking at a ratio of 10 per 1,000 sf.

• Excellent visibility and signage to primary traffic corridors

• Prefer neighborhood village areas or high end lifestyle centers

• 1500-3000 square feet, 2500 preferred

How about the old PetsMart on whitesburg (assuming it doesn't still smell like a PetsMart!)?

Where would you propose Zoe's go? Knowing their real estate specs as you quoted, what are you're thoughts on location?

It seems like a Zoes Kitchen would do well in Huntsville/Madison. Does anybody know why we don't have one yet?

These are thier preferred real estate numbers from thier website:

• Well located in dense, affluent markets

• Average HH Income $100,000 + in a 1 mile radius

• Population of 10,000+ in a 1 mile radius

• Population of 40,000+ in a 3 mile radius

• End-cap with patio seating

• Ease of access for customers

• Minimum of 25 feet of liner frontage

• Parking at a ratio of 10 per 1,000 sf.

• Excellent visibility and signage to primary traffic corridors

• Prefer neighborhood village areas or high end lifestyle centers

• 1500-3000 square feet, 2500 preferred

Well, looking at the locations on their website, I think the best location would be Bridge Street, with a possible second location in the Whitesburg and Airport "restaurant cluster." Sounds like a restaurant that would work well in Research Park.

Living in Birmingham myself and seeing the places where Zoe's are, I was thinking Bridgestreet was the first and best option because of the high number of workers there during the week and the shopping traffic on weekends.

I could possibly see another one in the Jones Valley area at the Target center OR in one of the centers around Airport/Whitesburg.

Those are really the only two ideal locations that come to mind though in Huntsville.

If and when Madison Square ever does a lifestyle component there, it could possibly go there if they haven't already chosen Bridgestreet by then.

Just my two cents...

FYI

Zoe's Kitchen will likely open 2 locations in Huntsville. They are currently finalizing site selection. One will likely be around the airport/whitesburg intersection and the other is either going to Bridge Street or a location close to the Target on US 72. The location on 72 is more likely

FYI

Zoe's Kitchen will likely open 2 locations in Huntsville. They are currently finalizing site selection. One will likely be around the airport/whitesburg intersection and the other is either going to Bridge Street or a location close to the Target on US 72. The location on 72 is more likely

• 3 weeks later...

Zoe's Kitchen has five locations in metro Birmingham, plus restaurants in Montgomery, Tuscaloosa and Mobile. Cassimus said he is exploring Huntsville and Auburn for possible locations as part of the expansion but hasn't decided.

Don't jump to far ahead to undecided conclusions...

Archived