Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ctman987

Whole Foods to buy Wild Oats

10 posts in this topic

Whole Foods has announced that it will buy Wild Oats. Whole Foods has a new store near Blue Back Square and West Hartford Center and Wild Oats has a store at Bishops Corner in West Hartford. What does this all mean for the natural food business in West Hartford?

Will Wild Oats Close? Who remembers Cheese N Stuff closing on Farmington Avenue for Wild Oats?

Whole Foods though is still planning on opening their Glastonbury location at the Fox Run Mall im sure

Will Wild Oats Close? Who remembers Cheese N Stuff closing on Farmington Avenue for Wild Oats?

Whole Foods has announced that it will buy Wild Oats. Whole Foods has a new store near Blue Back Square and West Hartford Center and Wild Oats has a store at Bishops Corner in West Hartford. What does this all mean for the natural food business in West Hartford?

Whole Foods though is still planning on opening their Glastonbury location at the Fox Run Mall im sure

If one does, it most surely would be Bishops Corner. However, the demand might actually be strong enough in greater West Hartford to allow the Bishops Corner Wild Oats to remain open as a scaled-down Whole Foods. I imagine that folks from Avon and Simsbury would travel to Bishops Corner before West Hartford Center.

Don't forget the existence of Trader Joe's....

Several years ago, Whole Foods bought Bread and Circus in the Boston area. There was an existing B&C in Cambridge which became a WF and then within two years they built another WF about 1/2 mile away (yes 1/2 mile). They are both still open along with numerous other WF in and around Boston. I know West Hartford isn't Cambridge but I don't think they will neccesarilly automatically close Wild Oats. Other news outlets note that WF bought WO as a preventative measure to avoid a large grocer gaining a natural foods outlet. Finally as someone who likes both, I shop for very different things at WF vs. Trader Joes I don't think one realt hurts the other and in fact can each prop each other up. Personally I am looking forward to Stew Leonards in Newington.

Several years ago, Whole Foods bought Bread and Circus in the Boston area. There was an existing B&C in Cambridge which became a WF and then within two years they built another WF about 1/2 mile away (yes 1/2 mile). They are both still open along with numerous other WF in and around Boston. I know West Hartford isn't Cambridge but I don't think they will neccesarilly automatically close Wild Oats. Other news outlets note that WF bought WO as a preventative measure to avoid a large grocer gaining a natural foods outlet. Finally as someone who likes both, I shop for very different things at WF vs. Trader Joes I don't think one realt hurts the other and in fact can each prop each other up. Personally I am looking forward to Stew Leonards in Newington.

If one does, it most surely would be Bishops Corner. However, the demand might actually be strong enough in greater West Hartford to allow the Bishops Corner Wild Oats to remain open as a scaled-down Whole Foods. I imagine that folks from Avon and Simsbury would travel to Bishops Corner before West Hartford Center.

Some new opinions. I personally don't shop at these places, way overpriced for what they sell, I did like Cheese N Stuff, and my friend worked there, it was better than Wild Oats. I can't say I feel bad for the company, maybe the employee's if they lose their jobs....