Hayward | Ashley | Thayer | Hill Developments

wolverine

I had most of my classes canceled for the rest of the week so I drove around today to look at various projects, but I didn't have my camera sadly. I promise I'll try and get some pics and post them here.

HAYWARD

Wallgreen Drama Center

Phase I is done, and you can walk in the lobby. The lobby is probably the most interesting part I've seen, but the rest of the building was just boring drywall and drop ceiling architecture. A bit of a surprise since, A.. it's a drama center and B.. the outside looks very contemporary. Regardless the exterior has a very nice black speckled CMU block and green glass with silver trim that looks excellent.

Computer Science Building

Entirely done now. You should all check it out, it has an amazing interior and was done by the same Toronto firm that did orchestra hall in Detroit. There's a small cafe on the ground floor called FUBAR. No that's not the acronym you are thinking of :w00t:

Solid State Electronics

It's coming along a bit faster than before. The steel framing is done, and is now wrapped in white plastic while they do interior framing. The site is so crowded, I can't really tell what's going on.

Pfizer

God, who knows.

ASHLEY

Ashley Terrace

Ashley terrace has 30 foot columns sticking above grade. The parking structure has been framed out.

Liberty Lofts

Pretty much done. No word on what the main retailer will be in the 1 story portion.

Destroyed Parking Structure

It was cleaned up a bit, but still looks awful. The city isn't sure what to do with this site.

THAYER

Frieze/North Quad

The exterior is still being dismantled, but very slowly. I think more work is being done on the interior.

Thayer Building

Everyone has moved in, and the building is in full operation.

HILL

School of Public Policy

It's been open for a few months now.

School of Business

Still framing away.

Apartment building

Very modern apartment building going up on Church and Hill. Don't know too much about it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear those Hayward projects are finished and clean, though I don't expect I shall go and see them as I try to spend as little time up in Sad Land as possible.

As far as the Liberty lofts are concerned, walking by them, the bottom level appears to be parking. The two doors in the base look to me like garage doors to and interior parking garage, so I'm not sure there's going to be any retailer at all on story one... at least I wasn't expecting one. If there is, I shall be pleasantly surprised.

Glad to hear those Hayward projects are finished and clean, though I don't expect I shall go and see them as I try to spend as little time up in Sad Land as possible.

As far as the Liberty lofts are concerned, walking by them, the bottom level appears to be parking. The two doors in the base look to me like garage doors to and interior parking garage, so I'm not sure there's going to be any retailer at all on story one... at least I wasn't expecting one. If there is, I shall be pleasantly surprised.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived