Battle Creeks Heritage Tower may be condemned

GR8scott

It sounds like there are many code violations and this building is dangerous. The owner says that he is going to do the maintainance but if its not lined up this week then the building will be condemned. What would happen if it is condemned? I don;t think its very full but I dont think the taller comerica tower is either and this would be bad to have the two tallest and nice looking art deco towers in the middle of downtown sitting there empty.

news 3

tower2.jpg

I think Battle Creek has one of the most interesting skylines for a city of its size, along with Jackson MI both very similar cities any DT BC pics?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be a tragedy if a great building like that were allowed to sit empty. I hope something can be worked with the owners so the building can remain open and repairs can be made.

I've only been to downtown BC once but I remember I really liked how the downtown looked, and I think it was mostly because of this building.

That is a great building, and as mentioned, BC does have a great skyline for its population. I use to visit BC all the time as a kid and being impressed with the buildings they have downtown. Hopefully the owner here can get things taken care of. It'd be sad to see it decay any further.

Is this really a testament to the state of downtown Battle Creek, or, an example of a poorly managed and maintained building? I'm thinking it's more of the latter. I mean, the neighboring, and similar Battle Creek Tower is doing quite well, and that's because it's managed by a large, well-off company. In fact, the upper floors of the BC Tower are going residential (apartments). Heritage Tower is owned and managed by a local guy with 6 employees.

http://www.hinmancompany.com/listings/batt...towerluxury.htm

http://www.battlecreektower.com/

julyBCT-%20CALM%20RIVER.jpg

julyBCT%20and%2053%20at%20dawn.jpg

Apt-%20looking%20into%20kitchen%20cool.jpg

Apartment%20Bathroom.jpg

Apt_%20Looking%20into%20kitchen-%20cool.jpg

No, the tower I posted is the Battle Creek Tower. The one that's the subject of this thread is the very similar in height, size, and design Heritage Tower. My point was that the issues with the tower in question seems more likely the result of poor management than the result of the state of downtown Battle Creek. What I tried to do was to show how well the very similar Heritage Tower is doing.

The office market in most Michigan downtown's has been stagnant or declining for many years now. It seems that some owners and property managers have found out how to adapt to a poor office market (i.e. getting creative in offering new amenities and such, converting some space to residential, etc...), and some haven't. I'm guessing this is the case with Battle Creek as witnessed by the two different examples just blocks apart.

• 2 months later...

Archived